Default Removing all carpet ncluding under ballast bags

Getting rid of all the carpet. Holding too much water and was just gonna lay some kind of rubber down under the ballast bags and compartments. Seadek in the seating area of boat. Anyone tackle this job?

Quote Originally Posted by 07moombaoutbackv View Post
    Getting rid of all the carpet. Holding too much water and was just gonna lay some kind of rubber down under the ballast bags and compartments. Seadek in the seating area of boat. Anyone tackle this job?
    I think you will be happy without carpet. The cleanup can be time consuming.

I highly recommend miners moss for under your bags as it will have drainage characteristics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

We just leave it bare, the fiberglass finish is smooth enough. It won't dry completely though, so at the end of the day we kinda lift/"fluff" the bags just enough so they aren't "sealed" flat to the floor and it dries just fine. Miners moss could help but sometimes I think it just adds another place for yuck to collect.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post

I highly recommend miners moss for under your bags as it will have drainage characteristics.
    Miner's moss vs Hydroturf? I was planning on Hydro in the rear compartments this winter (finally).
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Miner's moss vs Hydroturf? I was planning on Hydro in the rear compartments this winter (finally).
    Both are good. Miners moss has passages for draining but does not stick to the boat permanently.

If you want lay down I would go with miners moss. If you want permanent I would go with hydro turf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

This section over at the Completed Projects pages on the wakegarage.com website could be helpful:

https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-...rade-projects/
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!