Default 2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition

Hi Guys/Gals,

I'm new to the forum. I purchased a 16 Mojo with ~120 hours, at the end of this last season. It has the Raptor 400, and we ride at anywhere from 6k - 9k above sea level. It has a stock prop. We got it out a couple of times, but never dialed in the surf wake.

The ballasts are stock, and we're surfing three different Ronix boards.

Does anybody have any specific experience with dialing in the wake for adults and kids on this boat? I've heard that the right swell can be somewhat elusive.

I'd prefer to not add additional ballasts to the floor of boat. Do I need Enzo 1450's in the rear lockers? My inboard mechanic will not install them, as he claims that it creates exposure for him.

Will an ACME 2079 prop help? It almost seemed as if the wake would wash out, intermittently, and it seemed to consistently occur when we encountered other boaters waves.

I'd welcome any input from anybody that has successfully dialed in the surf wake on this vessel!

Thanks much!

Fencesitter

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You don't need a mechanic to install Enzos or WakeMakers 1270s but either will definitely help...especially if you run a small crew.

They are plug & play, you just need to order the fittings as well.

A bit of lead in the bow wouldn't hurt either hidden under the bow cushion.

The 2079 prop is a must at your altitude.

The Mojo guys can chime in with their tab settings...

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Thanks for the input RC_Hinajosa.... I greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You need ALOT of weight. I have a 2015 Mojo and I bought the 1200lb bags from Wakemakers. If you wait until Black Friday, they have a 25% off sale, that's when I got mine. You also want to buy the supports for the engine bay walls. I also load 2-500lb bags, 1 on the seat and one on the floor port, neither of us surf goofy. It's usually my wife and I. I fill the starboard side bag about 1/2 way and the bow bad about 1/4, that includes a full center tank. I have to list the boat toward port to get a good wake.

Now when we have 6 - 10 people on the boat, I don't need the 2-500lb bags and then place people on port to weight the boat correctly. It took me 1 1/2 seasons to get it dialed in, with help from this forum and adding the weight. I trailer so I don't use led weight, if I lived on the lake, I would stash some led weight on the boat. Weight, weight and more weight for the Mojo.
    2015 Mojo Surf

I'm still searching for a consistent wave, knowing that weight is where its at. I've got the 1100's rear upgrades which is a must, but haven't added lead or an extra bag on the floor yet. The wave gets good when more passengers on boat and I can bias them to the surf side and aft. One thing that many are finding out -- the engine divider panel reinforcements aren't enough -- you'll need to address the C-channel "tracks" on the floor that hold the panels in place. If they are plastic like my 2016 Mojo, you'll need to reinforce those some way or go with new aluminum C-channel. I think newer Moomba's went away from the plastic.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

I just bought the same boat so I've tried to read everything on here to get a good surf wave, it seems the common thread is you either need enzos, or piggyback another bag to the rears under the mid seats. Then add 500 lbs of lead or more to spread out to tweak the wave. Adjust bow rise with moving lead, not with the wakeplate, keep the wakeplate up. Put the surf plates 40-50 regular, 55-65 goofy. Then drain a little bit from opposite surf side to adjust wave. Anyway, since I just got the boat, this is where I'm going to start next spring. Bummer is this takes a lot of storage up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

17 Mojo here. We went a different route than most people. We have the stock 900s that come with max surf package and just added two standard fly high 400s under the seats in the main cabin. We also have 200 lbs of leaderless (4 50 lb bags) that we can move around to fine tune it. We opted to not go with the at 1270s or 1450s for two reasons. 1) they are stupid expensive and 2) when we wakeboard we don’t need as much weight and it’s nice to retain the Storage under the seats if we do choose. We use a tsunami 1200 pump that we just toss over the side to fill.

Now for our set up, we fill everything 100% and move the lead to the surf side. If we have don’t have any one else on the boat, just two people will may take the non surf side down to 80%. If we have guests then we just try sit more on the surf side this non surf side. Tab setting should be between 60-70% with the wake plate all the way up at 0. Speed around 10.8 mph.

I also recommend buying the over the engine storage tray. Helps give some extra storage if you put bags under the seats.

Not the best pictures but the wave is pretty good IMO. I don’t surf a large variety of other boats however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I run 400s in the sides off of 1100s in the rear. With a small crew I have to put a 650 on the floor. I have the 2079 but I wish it had more power, I struggle to get on plane with full ballast. You will need to reinforce the rear lockers to handle the bigger bags as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo