Default 1998 5.7 carb - fuel pump running question

Guys,

I noticed this my last trip out after the boat had sat for 3 plus weeks. Upon turning the key to the run position, the fuel pump runs and does not shut off. I don't remember it doing this previously. The motor runs just fine.

Should the fuel pump run constantly like this or should it reach a pressure and shut off? Video included so you can see and hear it.

Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_H View Post
    Guys,

I noticed this my last trip out after the boat had sat for 3 plus weeks. Upon turning the key to the run position, the fuel pump runs and does not shut off. I don't remember it doing this previously. The motor runs just fine.

Should the fuel pump run constantly like this or should it reach a pressure and shut off? Video included so you can see and hear it.

Thanks
    Mark
    The oil pressure switch was probably bypassed, the pump should only pump when the engine is running or the key is in the start position.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I recently bought a 98 Mobius so I went out and checked. Mine is the same as yours. However, I can tell someone has monkeyed with the wiring as there are splices in the wires going to the pump. Based on my automotive knowledge, my opinion is it should be as parrothd says, but I don't have any documentation to back that up.