Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: add sub and amp

Default add sub and amp

So my 2018 Max has the option "add sub and amp" installed. Does anybody know if this amp will be enough to power a couple of tower speakers? And if so, what wattage tower speakers might I want to consider?
    Thanks
    -Jim

You will need a separate amp for the towers. That amp
    Option is just for the cabin speakers and amp. Nowhere near enough juice to run towers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Not so much a low power deal, but mostly cause there is not enough amp chnls for tower speakers. With the 4 in-boats/woofer option, I think moomba installs a 4 chnl. All chnls consumed. With the 6 in-boat and woofer option, I think its 5 chnl. You could technically pair a pair of tower speakers with the bow speakers, but thats just a bad way to go from a user friendliness aspect.

Choose the speakers, then the amp.

I think Max is only 4 in boat speakers so you would be getting a 5 channel amp, or a 4 channel with 2 channels bridged to power the sub. Either way, you will need a separate amp to push tower speakers. I think they have a tower and amp prewired option, or at least they did.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Looking back through some notes and pics of a 2018 MAX. It had the 4 chnl amp and woofer option, no towers, however, the in-boats were on the head and the woofer was the only thing driven on the 4 chnl.

In this scenario, the other 2 chnls of the amp, could power a pair or two of tower. Not a lot of wattage, but doable.

A better option, would be to relocate the 4 in-boats to these two chnls, then get an amp that offers more wattage for towers.

Lots of good advice here. Thanks to all. I will probably go with MLA's idea.
    Next question is...The boat has the bracket for bolt on speakers. I need a pair of speakers that can utilize this bracket without killing my wallet. Under $500USD for the pair would be about my limit. And maybe another 100 or so for an amp. Really, though, under 500 for the whole kit would be best. I don't need LEDs up there.

Thanks again
    -Jim

There are a few marine audio tower speaker manufactures with custom adapter brackets, however, they are designed to fit THEIR speaker pods. Those pods and adapters are going to bust your $500 by quite a bit.

There are some mid-lever and lower 6.5" speaker pods with traditional tube clamps that would get you under that. $100 amp is going to be very low grade, FYI

What do you want to achieve with your tower speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmsch View Post
    The boat has the bracket for bolt on speakers. I need a pair of speakers that can utilize this bracket without killing my wallet.
    I would look at and post in the classifieds on here and put out feelers on the Facebook page looking for a set of factory Roswell's someone is looking to unload because they upgraded towers. They should be a direct fit. Then maybe find a good quality used matching marine amp that matches them for power. At least that is what I would do. Good luck!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I don't think the brackets are what you need but I do have my (less than 1-yr used) 4 factory Roswell pods for sale in the classifieds section. They are the mounting pods for the Supra S-bend tower option. Not sure, what work you'd need to do to convert them to something else.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE