Default Trip to Lake Powell

I’m planning a trip to lake Powell next year. I will be pulling my boat from Houston. Is there any place or places of interest that I should plan on seeing there? Or a nice place to stay that is close to the lake? We are looking into renting a house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus371 View Post
    I’m planning a trip to lake Powell next year. I will be pulling my boat from Houston. Is there any place or places of interest that I should plan on seeing there? Or a nice place to stay that is close to the lake? We are looking into renting a house.

If I were making that drive I would go houseboat and it wouldnt even be up for debate. Some think they are a lot of work but I think if done right with a decent size group its a no brainer and super cost effective. The caveat here is if you are going out with a small group. If thats the case then I would stay at a hotel in town at whatever marina you go out of.

I have spent quite a bit of time on the lake over the last 30 years. This is a phone conversation not a forum post.

Hit me up if you want to talk.

Lake Powell is best experienced on the water. Houseboat! or if you are really good you could beach camp from you boat, but that is a different kind of fun. I agree with Blooze66 that a phone chat may be better that a forum post. I would share my opinions too. Though all of my experience is from Bullfrog and you would likely be going to Page. DFTR is there a lot, he could offer some stuff too.

But, absolutely go.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    Lake Powell is best experienced on the water. Houseboat! or if you are really good you could beach camp from you boat, but that is a different kind of fun. I agree with Blooze66 that a phone chat may be better that a forum post. I would share my opinions too. Though all of my experience is from Bullfrog and you would likely be going to Page. DFTR is there a lot, he could offer some stuff too.

But, absolutely go.
    I’m not even sure where we are planning on staying yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloooze66 View Post
    I have spent quite a bit of time on the lake over the last 30 years. This is a phone conversation not a forum post.

Hit me up if you want to talk.

Pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post

But, absolutely go.
    PM sent

I've been boating there for 30 yrs as well as a lot of people, shoot me a pm anytime. Houseboating is the best way to go for sure, even with a small group. You would look at Wahweap or Antelope marinas. Both those are close to Page Arizona and a lot of people who don't houseboat will stay in a hotel or home there in town. Camping on the lake is a PITA if you ask me, but some people like it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Man I can go on and on about this lake with fun and exploring.
    If your going home/hotel I suggest a AirBNB out of page, you can rent a slip at Antelope Point Marina and have a hell of a time. I want to say I've done most of it, hit me up with questions.
    40685234_828410734216203_321299412422754304_n.jpg
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

This is definitely on my to do list as well.
    2020 SA ?,2019 SE550
    2018 G23 sold
    2017 SE450,2016 SA400 Sold
    2015 MB B52 23,2012 MB F21 Sold
    2014 Axis A22, 2010 Axis A22 Sold

2018 Ram 2500