Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surf Pipe??

^^agree with Stazi. My Makai was actually kind of a PITA. Pretty decent amount of knuckle skinning. Need help for sure during the slide hose over pipe stub while inserting it covered with 5200 phase. That’s not the easiest thing in the world. Then retighten several hose clamps.

Don’t forget, if you’re going to do it “right”, you will remove the small SS pipe section that contains the baffle and either knock it out or replace with new, non baffled pipe.

That part is also a bit of a project.

A helper is damn near a must if you want to keep the cussing down to a reasonable level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, glad I ordered mine when the boat was built lol

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I was into the aftermarket FAE from forum member Corvette for a little less than $500 I think. After going through install, I'd say the $650 from the factory is worth it. Definitely a 2 person job to tighten the machine screws on outside while holding the nut on the inside of the transom while mostly blind. Was a pain.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    I was into the aftermarket FAE from forum member Corvette for a little less than $500 I think. After going through install, I'd say the $650 from the factory is worth it. Definitely a 2 person job to tighten the machine screws on outside while holding the nut on the inside of the transom while mostly blind. Was a pain.
    Vice grips.. Still sucks having to get in out of the boat but you can install it by yourself. Use one of the wood screws included in the kit to secure the exhaust while you tighten the thru bolts. Use a big screw driver and beat it between the hose and baffle to stretch the hose, makes it easier to remove and soapy water to reinstall.
    Last edited by parrothd; 10-16-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

It is almost impossible to get to the baffle in the newer Supra's. It sits under the engine to the cabin side and beside the ballast tanks. I ended up just beating mine out from the inside and calling it good. The 15 Mojo was about as simple as it could be from FAE. Remove flapper, install drain plug brace, 5200 supplied wood screws through factory locations and let it cure. I did it sitting on my paddleboard on the lift. The new non braced styles are indeed a bit harder, but still very much worth it.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by Byezb View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I get it and will likely have it added over the winter. Dealer wants $1300. I guess what I don’t understand (and I’ll clarify, I’m new to the surfing game) is if it such a safety issue, why is it not standard?
    What boat and year do you have?

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    What boat and year do you have?

It's a 2018 Mondo. The dealer has the boat for the winter, so I'm just going to have them install it.
    2018 Mondo

Is the FAE the only option for a 2002 Outback LSV? Would like the added safety with younger kids.
    2002 Outback LSV
    (First Inboard)
    1992 Larson I/O - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Riggs View Post
    Is the FAE the only option for a 2002 Outback LSV? Would like the added safety with younger kids.
    Unless you make one yourself. It is worth getting and is really easy to install on the outback.

If your reading about the stories of welds cracking and stuff like that, you don't have to worry about that on that model. It is a different design for that year and it just attaches to the outside of the exhaust. No drilling besides the support bracket that connects to the bottom of the swim platform.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Anyone installed a FAE on a 13 Mobius? Looking at doing it this winter.