Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surf Pipe??

Default Surf Pipe??

Wanted to get thoughts on adding a surf pipe or not? Noise is not a concern but I do boat and surf with three young kids (youngest is 2). It’s not really something I want to add, but looking into strictly from a safety perspective. Do I need to worry about CO2 with the young kids? Thanks for the feedback!
    2018 Mondo

Carbon Dioxide (co2) no, Carbon Monoxide (CO) yes, as its the deadly gas thats tastless, colorless and odorless. Get the OEM Surf Pipe or the aftermarket FAE

If you are surfing a lot, it’s not a bad idea. Fumes will be around the surf platform area at slow speeds and idle.

Tubing, wake boarding, and skiing, you are probably driving too fast for the fumes to congregate in one area. But it cannot hurt putting one one. Good stereo upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Surf pipe is a must have!!!!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Agreed. It definitely is a must for eliminating that exhaust smell and the odorless, yet deadly CO fumes! Especially with little kids. Far too many stories of kids passing and and drowning from breathing in the exhaust fumes.

Also helps with the noise behind the boat. Inside the boat it’s still loud, but that’s because there isn’t any sound deadening around the engine really and the floor and hull act as a resonant chamber.

2017 Moomba Craz

Thanks for the feedback. I get it and will likely have it added over the winter. Dealer wants $1300. I guess what I don’t understand (and I’ll clarify, I’m new to the surfing game) is if it such a safety issue, why is it not standard?
    2018 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by Byezb View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I get it and will likely have it added over the winter. Dealer wants $1300. I guess what I don’t understand (and I’ll clarify, I’m new to the surfing game) is if it such a safety issue, why is it not standard?
    Not everyone surfs, that's why it isn't standard. Order the pipe from your dealer and install it yourself. Even the most basic skills person can do it in about an hour.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Default Surf Pipe??

Dealer is quoting some serious labor charges ouch.

I think FAE is under $500 and it’s a simple bolt on design.

The factory Supra/moomba surf pipes are one piece and look awesome and I think a $750 option.

EDIT: Supra surf pipe $750 option, Moomba surf pipe is a $650 option, same pipe.
    Supra 15% tax included lol.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 10-15-2018 at 08:05 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Dealer is quoting some serious labor charges ouch.
    Most of the OEM surf pipes ive come across, are thru=bolted at the flange. This makes it a 2 person job, and not an easy one.

I installed mine by myself but it would be easier with a second person for sure. The hardest part is when it comes to putting the pipe on through the hull and into the rubber exhaust hose.

2017 Moomba Craz