Default Sub Amp recomendation

I'm looking to add a 12" sub to my 2016 SE. Upgrading from the jl it came with. Looking to put a wetsounds Revo 12 xxx, powered by either a (syn-dx 2.3 HP) or a (MHD 750/1) anyone have recommendation of the two amps? Looking for the best matchup. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Syn-DX2.3HP hands down. It will deliver 1200W rms to the 4 ohm woofer, where as the 750/1 will deliver, well, 750W rms.

If you don’t mind it not being a marine amp, SonicElectronics has the Alpine PDX-m12 on sale for $425... it’ll do just as well on that sub at a fraction of the cost. I just nabbed another one. Running it on my 12W7
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    If you don’t mind it not being a marine amp, SonicElectronics has the Alpine PDX-m12 on sale for $425... it’ll do just as well on that sub at a fraction of the cost. I just nabbed another one. Running it on my 12W7
    Website shows it at $499. Any cons to running a non marine amp?

Two notable difference between those two amps. The Wet Sounds Syn-DX2.3HP has an adjustable sub-sonic filter compared to the pre-set selectable off/15/30 Hz filter. This will impact the woofers performance.

Cons to a non-marine? Sure, they will not stand up to the humid environment as well as a marine amp will.

When you put it in the cart it should pop up with a 75$ off coupon.
    I’ve never had a problem using automotive amps. I live in SE Texas, one of the most humid places on earth. I figure if the amps in my vehicles don’t care, then the ones in the boat will fine. They’re not mounted in the bilge lol.
    As far as the subsonic filter... yes it is nice to have an adjustable pot switch, but for 99.9% of people it’s overkill. Nice thing about a switch is usually they’re within a couple hertz of being correct (in my limited testing and experience). If you turn a pot switch you can’t ever be 100% sure where it’s actually set without special tools. And I know for a fact I can’t set a SUBsonic filter by ear... lmao
    If you can, you’ve got job in the audio world saving subwoofers! Lmao
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

I concur you definitely want the XXX powered by the SynDX 2.3 or the SD2.
    2018 Supra SL550
    2017 Supra SE450

Thanks guys! I plan to go with the syn-dx 2.3 and have a local sound shop do the install. I've been pondering doing it myself, but I would only save a few hundred (quote is 2k for sub, amp, custom box and install). I'm mostly concerned with having it tuned, and the whole boat tuned for that matter, from someone with tuning experience. I think that is worth the extra $$

Where you located?
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Where you located?
    Minneapolis, mn