Thread: Max Stereo

Default Max Stereo

I’m considering ordering a 2019 Max soon, I didn’t like the stereo when I demoed it. Also I would like better lighting, underwater and maybe RGB.
    Anyone know what it would cost (ballpark)to have a shop fab a sub box and add 2 speakers in the interior? I would probably want 2 rev 10’s as well. I believe the stock stereo options where $3200 extra with rev 8’s. I wouldnt want to go much more that $4k for audio, maybe $1k or $1.5k for the lighting.
    Also a light bar or the Roswell light rack might be something I’m interested in as well. I haven’t seen a single picture from Roswell at night; anyone recommend them or would a light bar be better?

Thanks

maybe RGB. $1.5k for the lighting.
    Liquid Lumens RGBW with a little discount would be right at $1500 for the lights and controller. But the light is outstanding!

Beyond those, id suggest the Lumitec Seablaze X Spectrum RGB. A pair and labor might get you under $1500 for a decent light.

have a shop fab a sub box
    Arent the 19' coming with all Wet Sounds? if so, and there is not an enclosure behind the woofer, then I would speculate that its the Revo FA woofer, no small enclosure needed. id confirm this before moving too far on this.

Pretty sure the tower speakers for the 2019 max are Icon 8's, and not the Rev 8's. At least that's what my dealer told me. I ordered those ($1,800 for 2 Icon 8's, an amp, and clamps), but plan on doing a sub, and amps for the cabin speakers on my own.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Liquid Lumens RGBW with a little discount would be right at $1500 for the lights and controller. But the light is outstanding!

Beyond those, id suggest the Lumitec Seablaze X Spectrum RGB. A pair and labor might get you under $1500 for a decent light.

Wow, they are more expensive than I thought, thanks for the advice, Hopefully I can talk them into letting me get the factory ones from the Craz put on the max at the factory.

Arent the 19' coming with all Wet Sounds? if so, and there is not an enclosure behind the woofer, then I would speculate that its the Revo FA woofer, no small enclosure needed. id confirm this before moving too far on this.
    Yeah it’s wetsounds and no box, I think the 6” speakers had more bass than the sub. Maybe the stealth box would be a way to go, haven’t heard many reviews on it in a boat though.

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    Pretty sure the tower speakers for the 2019 max are Icon 8's, and not the Rev 8's. At least that's what my dealer told me. I ordered those ($1,800 for 2 Icon 8's, an amp, and clamps), but plan on doing a sub, and amps for the cabin speakers on my own.
    The boat I tested didn’t have them installed I was guessing rev 8’s where the option but not sure.
    Did you order it recently?
    Last edited by johnh577777; 10-08-2018 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Yeah it’s wetsounds and no box, I think the 6” speakers had more bass than the sub. Maybe the stealth box would be a way to go, haven’t heard many reviews on it in a boat though.
    Tuning can play a HUGE roll in perception. With that said, a full range 6.5" could never produce the bass that a 10" woofer will. I would not assume that the absence of a small enclosure means the woofer if the more ideal FA model. If you can see the back of the woofer, the model should be visible. Next, if it IS the FA, did Moomba finally make that wall a complete wall thats closed off at the top. An open top, like on past year models, also impacts the woofers performance. We've seen and addressed this a number of times in the past.