Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: surf tooner

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Pretty sure I DO NOT want my wife to get wind of this...
    +1 on that
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    +1 on that
    I actually TOLD my wife about it 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still not sold on this. Maybe when I retire. Get a one level patio home, a wagon, a golf cart to run quick to the store at the retirement community and a surf toon boat for when the grand kids come to visit. Also make sure I have a year supply of Metamucil.

Kidding aside, I committed the mistake of buying a 24ft Bennington pontoon. New, Very nice, plush seats, lounger in back, very comfortable. Our family went on a shared week vacation with good family friends of ours and rented a lake cabin. We had 5 kids total. My buddy owned a Mastercraft X23. I never saw my kids again. They learned to surf, wakeboard, did tubing. They had a blast. They would not ride our toon even if I bribed them. My wife and I felt abandoned and we promised we would not let this happen to us again, we had to win our kids back.

So, the following week I went to the Moomba dealer and saw the Mojo, fell in love and signed the papers. Will never look back again.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I see this being a hit for people/families that use there boat for entertainment and ease of getting on the boat.

There is no way my parents or in laws would ever be able to get on my SA. But they could get on a pontoon boat.

Frankly, I am ok with them not getting on the boat.....lol. I learned a long time ago to buy toys and vehicles that work for your immediate needs versus buying something that you may need to accommodate rare occasions.

Full props for the concept of this boat.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Popped up in the photos thread... but here is a recent upload of the boat in action. Local dealer will have them in stock in Feb. I was just curious on the prices... article said $60-75k. The portland boat show video has the guy quoting $85-95k??

Anyway.
    https://surfboss.wistia.com/medias/y9944uqpeh

I'm not sure why, but that video made me think of this:
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Here's the one I climbed around on the other night...

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Here's the one I climbed around on the other night...

Oh crap. You have more pics?

I have so many questions. Does the triple pontoon shaped hull come together into one single hull at the back?

Does it have surf tabs?
    How much ballast does it hold?
    What did you assess the quality of the build to be like?
    How much was it?
    What does it weigh?

I really really really want to mess with one of these. I owned a JC Tritoon IO and absolutely loved that boat. This was a pre-surf-obsessed timeframe of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Oh crap. You have more pics?

I have so many questions. Does the triple pontoon shaped hull come together into one single hull at the back?

Does it have surf tabs?
    How much ballast does it hold?
    What did you assess the quality of the build to be like?
    How much was it?
    What does it weigh?

I really really really want to mess with one of these. I owned a JC Tritoon IO and absolutely loved that boat. This was a pre-surf-obsessed timeframe of course.

I didn't spend near the amount of time that I would have if I'd known that I was seeing something that others would be this curious about. The vinyl seems more on the durable side than luxurious. The hinges on the compartments were all metal and didn't have struts, I thought they were kinda janky.
    It certainly didn't seem to have the build quality of the luxurious toons that were at the boat show commanding big prices. I'd say middle of the road.

It most certainly has surf tabs. And it has a surf platform on the back with a swim ladder mounted under it. The one I saw had this crazy fixed bimini with what looked like a retractable cover on a track.
    I didn't ask about price or ballast, but I have a friend going back on Saturday and I'm gonna have him get better pics and ask more questions. (and I told him to see if he can get us a demo)

Gatorstep type flooring. roomy. two captains chairs. I think it was powered by a 400+ hp engine if I caught what the salesman said.
    Last edited by trayson; 01-11-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I didn't spend near the amount of time that I would have if I'd known that I was seeing something that others would be this curious about. The vinyl seems more on the durable side than luxurious. The hinges on the compartments were all metal and didn't have struts, I thought they were kinda janky.

It most certainly has surf tabs. And it has a surf platform on the back with a swim ladder mounted under it. The one I saw had this crazy fixed bimini with what looked like a retractable cover on a track.
    I didn't ask about price or ballast, but I have a friend going back on Saturday and I'm gonna have him get better pics and ask more questions. (and I told him to see if he can get us a demo)

Gatorstep type flooring. roomy. two captains chairs. I think it was powered by a 400+ hp engine if I caught what the salesman said.
    Heavily intrigued by the prospect of this thing. I am on record as saying if it can produce 80+ percent of the wave if I can currently make I am a potential customer. The other aspects of a triple tube pontoon boat are so good. Ride quality, boarding friendliness for parent types, room, ride height, stability......they’re just damn nice.