Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 9' Overhead door.

Just finishing up a 24x32 detached garage with 9' OH door. Currently in a 13LSV so I have no issues with height currently. How many of my Supra/Moomba owners can fit their boats in that size door with tower down and racks on? I understand wheels and type of racks will play a factor also. be as specific you can. Will not be in new boat market for a couple summers. Just have the wheels spinning on this currently and hoping for feedback.
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

I fit a 16 mojo with standard rim and tires through an 8’ door with 5” clearance to the board racks but my clearance is higher than actual due to a 7 degree upslope in the driveway up to the door. I also don’t have the rotating board racks which add a bit of height.

I measured a new makai to be 97.5” tall with the tower down but you have to remove the Bimini support arms because they hit the throttle on the driver side. Hope they fix this issue soon. I figured I could fit this boat through a 8’ door but only because of my sloped driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post
    I measured a new makai to be 97.5” tall with the tower down but you have to remove the Bimini support arms because they hit the throttle on the driver side. Hope they fix this issue soon.
    This seems CRAZY on a new designed boat, your positive it hits the throttle and can't just fold the tower?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    This seems CRAZY on a new designed boat, your positive it hits the throttle and can't just fold the tower?
    I was just as surprised as the dealer.

2016 Mojo

You have to put it into gear or reverse—in other words, move the lever. Then it kind-of clears. BUT: it might barely hit the vinyl armrest. Place a double-triple thick towel where it hits and it will “slide” by most likely.

Default 9' Overhead door.

But yes, there is a clearance issue. But whatever, it’s got a “decent” workaround. Not ideal, but not a show stopper.

Supra power towers hit the drivers seat unless its full down and rotated clockwise.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Who puts 9ft doors in for a boat ?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have a '15 mojo with S tower and swivel racks, standard SS rims. I need over 9 ft clearance with tower folded. have to rent a storage during the summer b/c I cant fit it through my 8" door. I have contemplated moving so I can build a garage that'll fit my boat.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

My 2015 Mondo clears an 8 ft door with the tower down all the way and board racks turned in. When I bought the house the garage had a 7 ft door that I had converted to an 8 ft.