Default Water in V-drive.

I just pulled my boat tonight and started to winterize it for the season. I was horrified to find baby shit yellow oil in the v-drive. My bag has come undone a couple of time this season and flooded the bilge due to a failing bilge pump which also needs to be fixed. When this happened I checked the vdrive and did not see any water in there. There are 2 places for oil. 1 with a red cap, and the other with a yellow cap. Its the yellow cap area that has water in it. I think I will pick up a gallon of 50w dextron and dump it in and then suck it back out. Or I would just fill it up and leave it for the season because the engine is now winterized.

Thoughts or ideas?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I got water in my previous v drive from a similar event and it took 3 or 4 good flushes to get 100% of the water out. I changed mine 2x a year (middle of season and end) and it took 2 seasons to finally get it looking normal again. I would leave it alone, change it after a few hours in the spring, then change again at the end of the year. That 50 wt oil is kinda of yellow already so it wont take much water to make it look awful.
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by mcjimmy33 View Post
    I got water in my previous v drive from a similar event and it took 3 or 4 good flushes to get 100% of the water out. I changed mine 2x a year (middle of season and end) and it took 2 seasons to finally get it looking normal again. I would leave it alone, change it after a few hours in the spring, then change again at the end of the year. That 50 wt oil is kinda of yellow already so it wont take much water to make it look awful.
    Indmar_v.jpg

I dont remember it being yellow at all. Since I dont want to store with water in it, I will fill it up and suck it out and then fill it back up again to store it for the season. These are pretty simple transmissions arent they? Are they not just an in and out box?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I’m not sure entirely whats going on inside of them I just wanted to run mine some to get everything mixed for evacuating the fluid on my old boat.

When I refilled my Craz the 50wt Lucas oil was mostly clear with a yellow tint to it. With how little fluid is used on that side you can flush/fill a few times with a gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

What should the oil look like?
    Like u I checked oil during winterization and it looked clear but almost felt gritty is that normal?
    What would water in the oil look like?