Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

No laughing...

Picked up a 98 Mobius right before Labor Day for $3k. When I got it home it ran like crap, so I bought a carb rebuild kit for the Holley 4010. Got the boat on the water Sept 20 to tune the carb, but had to fly out for 8 days at Disney World the next morning. Got it on the Water Tuesday night. First time my kids have been on a ski/wakeboard boat. First time for my wife driving.

I hadn't been on a board in over 15 years. Possibly 17. Got up on the first try on a free POS board that came with the boat. Despite my instructions, my wife thinks "HIT IT" means to ease into the throttle and gently pull the skier out of the water. I think she was trying to kill me. I had forgotten what a face plant into the water at 25+ MPH felt like. I am 45 and not as young as I used to be. Got up on all 3 times before I had to pass it off to the kids cause it was getting dark and the lights don't work yet.

Got both my boys (6 & 7) in a tube we also got with the boat. Santa will bring them a wakeboard on Christmas.

They will both know how to board by the end of next summer! I expect to get better as well.

My wife and 7 YO are probably the only people left in the world who take pictures vertically. <rolleyes>, but I love them any way!

Default October 2018 Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1967Goat View Post
    No laughing...

Picked up a 98 Mobius right before Labor Day for $3k. When I got it home it ran like crap, so I bought a carb rebuild kit for the Holley 4010. Got the boat on the water Sept 20 to tune the carb, but had to fly out for 8 days at Disney World the next morning. Got it on the Water Tuesday night. First time my kids have been on a ski/wakeboard boat. First time for my wife driving.

I hadn't been on a board in over 15 years. Possibly 17. Got up on the first try on a free POS board that came with the boat. Despite my instructions, my wife thinks "HIT IT" means to ease into the throttle and gently pull the skier out of the water. I think she was trying to kill me. I had forgotten what a face plant into the water at 25+ MPH felt like. I am 45 and not as young as I used to be. Got up on all 3 times before I had to pass it off to the kids cause it was getting dark and the lights don't work yet.

Got both my boys (6 & 7) in a tube we also got with the boat. Santa will bring them a wakeboard on Christmas.

They will both know how to board by the end of next summer! I expect to get better as well.

My wife and 7 YO are probably the only people left in the world who take pictures vertically. , but I love them any way!

No laughing here....enjoy the memories!!!

And welcome to the forum!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

That is awesome, congrats on the boat and enjoy every minute of it with the family. Money well spent in my opinion.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    haha... put in that lake once after the 4th of july and never again.. it was the greenest water I have ever seen until I moved to wisconsin
    It's around that time every year they come out with warning about blue green algae blooms at that lake and every other pond fed by irrigation. I'll be at Arrow hahaha every time!
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmoomba View Post
    I'll be at Arrow hahaha every time!
    that's a brave tow that I never made with a boat...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    that's a brave tow that I never made with a boat...
    That is exactly why we love it! When people ask about it we say its the roughest road in Idaho lol. We are there or Anderson every weekend with the toy hauler on lake front property without too many people. Great time!
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Probly our last trip out for the season today with my schedule...
    Lindsay’s first run, a bottom turn gone bad. Lmao
    I love how she curled to the shape of the wave to maximize the impact.

If I could post a 5th pic, I’m sure you could imagine what it looks like... it was epic lmao
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 SA ?,2019 SE550
    2018 G23 sold
    2017 SE450,2016 SA400 Sold
    2015 MB B52 23,2012 MB F21 Sold
    2014 Axis A22, 2010 Axis A22 Sold

2018 Ram 2500

Broke pilot, nice photos! Would be cool to see them all sequenced in one photo!

Dat Texas boy, that water looks amazing! Wish I was still out riding, our season is done.

those are some great pictures of what i'm sure was a epic wipeout! haha
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190