Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Closed loop cooling

Trying to see if anyone has done a closed loop cooling system on a 5.7 Indmar engine? If so who has a kit? 2004 moomba outback

Replace the manifolds, circ pump and a couple other monor parts and get another 15 seasons out of it for less then converting it.

What a massive waste of money. As MLA said. Maintenance of your current setup is key. Save your money and buy a newer boat with closed loop cooling down the line. There is no point spending the money to convert a 2004 to closed loop. What’s the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Better for the engine, closed loop is more efficient and less maintenance. I don’t mind the maintenance I’m just curious if anyone makes a kit. I don’t see how spending at least 40k on a boat with closed loop is the cheaper alternative to updating mine. If no one makes a kit that’s fine but I haven’t been able to locate one myself. My next choice is to build my own closed loop system.

closed loop is more efficient and less maintenance.
    As a 23 year boat owner and does his own work as well as professionally, you got my attention!

If anyone makes a conversion kit, it would be the OEM of your engine.

I would start by contacting https://www.skidim.com/departments.asp?dept=1003

The only real advantage I would see is if you are running in saltwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    As a 23 year boat owner and does his own work as well as professionally, you got my attention!
    LOL.. There's more maintenance with closed loop..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    LOL.. There's more maintenance with closed loop..
    Well, I have my opinion regarding winterizing and maintenance, but im genuinely curious in his opinion.

I’m just here asking for a kit I didn’t want to start a debate on what is better. But I will say it’s obvious with a closed loop system the engine temps are regulated at better temps throughout all throttle settings. The better your engine temps are regulated the more efficient your motor is....that’s with every engine ever made that’s not secret. Internal corrosion is eliminated, and obviously ur always run non contaminated fluid through your engine. No chance of sand, grit or whatever else is being sucked in the engine from the lake. almost all new boats with inboard engine come closed loop so that alone should tell you what is better....I’m not here to question someone’s knowledge on this topic. But it seems that no one has a true answer.....they always say the same thing “ just replace this just replace that “.....clearly I know that is an option if i wanted to keep that same set up...I’m just simply asking if there is a kit or not. I don’t need the obvious “change this and that keep it the same” answer. I figured someone on here would maybe have some input on this topic. What’s the point of asking questions on a forum? If I wanted to keep my engine open loop I wouldn’t be here asking if there’s a kit. I don’t need to be told “just keep it the same”
    Last edited by Bighawk53; 11-11-2018 at 07:05 PM.

I appreciate it