Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default anyone been in the same boat as me?

As i mentioned, i am getting ready to buy a Mondo, however also looking at the Axis A20. Something about both is making this a hard decision. I have never purchased a new wake boat and am coming off a mastercraft (older model).

Anything to help sway my decision? anyone know about both of these boats? Both look pretty good from the models i have seen on the floor. Moomba does look a little higher quality to be honest, but not sure. I really want to make sure i am making the right decision. We surf mainly.
    2019 Mondo

Hi there,

Earlier this summer we were in a similar situation. We put down a deposit on an axis T22 but ended up buying a Moomba Craz.

The Axis came with the surf band and was loaded with a 4 speaker tower audio system, sea deck etc. but in the end the quality of the Moomba interior, the better dash and ballast system plus the Raptor 6.2L swayed us to go with the Craz.

If you are looking at 2019’s I think Axis has made some major improvements but then again so have Moomba!

I would have to recommend getting a demo of both boats so you can check out the wake and surf wave quality of each, along with how easy the boats Systems are to operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Craz

I would not worry very much about the wave on a demo. Because there’s a high chance your demo might not be perfect. I would concentrate more on which one you like inside, which one you like to drive better, which one sounds better, takes waves better, etc.

Check out the storage, the way the helm feels, looks, works, The quality of the trailer, all that kind of stuff.

The bottom line is that both boats can be made to surf very well, wakeboard very well. Neither is going to be totally awesome from the factory. But they both can get there.

I have owned 2 Axis boats in the past. The Moomba build quality is no doubt better! both will produce great waves and wakes, but I believe with the Moomba you can achieve it easier in the Craz. Allowing you and the family to enjoy it better day in and day out. The Moomba will also drive better while surfing with way less bow rise.
    2020 SA ?,2019 SE550
    2018 G23 sold
    2017 SE450,2016 SA400 Sold
    2015 MB B52 23,2012 MB F21 Sold
    2014 Axis A22, 2010 Axis A22 Sold

2018 Ram 2500

spent a lot of time on a mondo in wisconsin. it's a great boat. easy to drive, comfortable to ride in and very dry. guessing surf and board waves will be similar or not enough difference unless you are a pro. if it was my decision and I had good dealer support it would be moomba all day. I am personally not a fan of the axis interiors but if you only have dealer support for 1 brand close I would weigh that a little heavier.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

One thing to note about the Axis A20 is the very bow high ride. There was one on our lake all summer and the driver had to stand up all summer to drive it and see over the bow while surfing. I've never seen an inboard ride as bow high as the A20.
    2020 Supra SE 450

I'm with sandm, the Moomba wins all day unless the dealer support becomes a differentiating factor.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I recommend you DON'T demo both boats, because right off the showroom the Axis will surf better and be easier to set up. But properly weighted, the Mondo will have as good or better wave, and a much better overall boat.
    2019 Supra SL450

Go drive them both. Don’t pay attention to the surf wave. They both are fine. But buying a boat without driving it is insane, even if I have actually done it a couple of times....

I guess I should have clarified not to demo the surf wave. Definitely drive both.
    2019 Supra SL450