Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    His motor is actually turning at very very low rpm given the situation. His prop is potentially too good....*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Until he adds another 1000+lbs..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

So after a few days of discussing my demo off line with dakota4ce and sending him some footage from it I do agree that something was off with my test in the RPMs showing very little change between speeds. The only things that make sense are that the boat had the smart plate at or near 100% or we lost a good bit of ballast none of which I feel was done on purpose. That being said the smart plate seems most likely to me as we did take to the boat to wake board speeds and i know it took a lot of smart plate to make that happen. Not being behind the wheel at the time I am not sure where the smart plate was as far as percentages go and that seems to be the one variable that I did not think to control and was simply just an oversight on my part. I have tried to edit/delete my previous post as I do not want to mislead anyone but for some reason I am unable to. So if you read this thread and make it this far please take my previous post with a grain of salt knowing that there was one variable that I was not monitoring and it most likely had a huge impact on the load placed on the motor and how it acted.

Full discolure I have placed my order for my Makai and ended up spec'ing it with the 450 not because I think the 400 wouldn't do the job, that motor is awesome, but purely because I have a large family that all love to be on the boat at once and I feel like the 1.76:1 transmission will be a huge asset to me over the long haul with this boat. A big thanks to dakota4ce for all his knowledge and help!

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    So after a few days of discussing my demo off line with dakota4ce and sending him some footage from it I do agree that something was off with my test in the RPMs showing very little change between speeds. The only things that make sense are that the boat had the smart plate at or near 100% or we lost a good bit of ballast none of which I feel was done on purpose. That being said the smart plate seems most likely to me as we did take to the boat to wake board speeds and i know it took a lot of smart plate to make that happen. Not being behind the wheel at the time I am not sure where the smart plate was as far as percentages go and that seems to be the one variable that I did not think to control and was simply just an oversight on my part. I have tried to edit/delete my previous post as I do not want to mislead anyone but for some reason I am unable to. So if you read this thread and make it this far please take my previous post with a grain of salt knowing that there was one variable that I was not monitoring and it most likely had a huge impact on the load placed on the motor and how it acted.

Full discolure I have placed my order for my Makai and ended up spec'ing it with the 450 not because I think the 400 wouldn't do the job, that motor is awesome, but purely because I have a large family that all love to be on the boat at once and I feel like the 1.76:1 transmission will be a huge asset to me over the long haul with this boat. A big thanks to dakota4ce for all his knowledge and help!
    Congrats on your order and welcome to the SC family!! Share a rendering if ya got one!

***David/Dusty, spill the beans....do we have dates yet for the 2019 Texas Jam??
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

This boat will be sick! It will be almost impossible to overload, and will just keep giving you more wave.

I know at 2100# additional over stock and 4 people it had PLENTY of power left. It would be epic to fill that hog up with folks and make a tsunami.

Maybe bring your credit card for some more gas at that point but worth every penny.

Concerts on the boat. It’s such a damn good solid machine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas! And thanks again for all of your help dakota4ce!

My family and I are really looking forward to it! It is going to be a long 3 months! hahaha

Here she is!

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Thanks fellas! And thanks again for all of your help dakota4ce!

My family and I are really looking forward to it! It is going to be a long 3 months! hahaha

Here she is!

She'll be a sexy bae! I'd get that Raspberry Flake on the REV cans and have Rinker's do the tint through Solar Reflections (They take the glass out and do it the right way). Congrats again!

***David/Dusty, spill the beans....do we have dates yet for the 2019 Texas Jam??[/QUOTE]

Who is Dusty...is he even still around?
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    She'll be a sexy bae! I'd get that Raspberry Flake on the REV cans and have Rinker's do the tint through Solar Reflections (They take the glass out and do it the right way). Congrats again!
    Ya I am seriously considering matching the Rev10s. Can they match with the flake?

I think I am going to do the motor break in and run it for a day or 2 and then when I put it in for the 20hr service if I want the tint do it then. How did it turn out on yours? I have seen the pictures of how it looks and it is sweet but nothing up close to show how well they went back in with the glass.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Ya I am seriously considering matching the Rev10s. Can they match with the flake?

I think I am going to do the motor break in and run it for a day or 2 and then when I put it in for the 20hr service if I want the tint do it then. How did it turn out on yours? I have seen the pictures of how it looks and it is sweet but nothing up close to show how well they went back in with the glass.
    They can match the flake. I wanna say Rinker's put the Ultra Blue flake accents on David's wheels.

Check out Solar Reflections on Instagram, they just did a black & red SE for Rinker's and posted vids of the before, during and after process. Rinker's trusts them with removed curved glass on six figure boats, go for it bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    They can match the flake. I wanna say Rinker's put the Ultra Blue flake accents on David's wheels.

Check out Solar Reflections on Instagram, they just did a black & red SE for Rinker's and posted vids of the before, during and after process. Rinker's trusts them with removed curved glass on six figure boats, go for it bruh.
    I will have to talk to them about matching them then.

Wow the tint looks great!! I am assuming that they can do different percentages? I am just not sure how dark I will want to go but I know on all Black the darker the better lol I am going to start a thread in the Pride and Joy are as I am not trying to High Jack this thread more than we have lol. Ill post the boat there and do any update. If you want fee free to reply over here https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....832#post334832
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans