Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stereo Optimization

So I have discovered that two of the three amps powering my speakers are not marine grade and I would like to change them out. Looking for recommendations.
    Speakers are all JL Audio MX (4 x 7.7” MX Tower units, 6 x 6.5” MX cabin units and 1 x 10” MX subwoofer).
    Right now I have a JL Audio M400/4, HX300/1 and a Kicker DXA250.4.
    I am wondering whether I should just switch the Kicker for another M400/4 and the HX300/1 for an MX300/1.
    All of this is being driven by a Fusion MS-RA205 which I wouldn’t mind upgrading also.
    Opinions please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Craz

Since you have JL speakers, why don’t you go with the MHD range of JL amps.
    I have 5 of these, there small, class D amps (efficient use of voltage to amps) and can be stacked if space is an issue.
    http://intl.jlaudio.com/marine-audio-amplifiers-mhd

Looking at those I could run a single MHD600/4 to power my tower speakers and sub, and keep my M400/4 to power the cabin speakers as they can only handle up to 125 watts /channel. But I am guessing that JL’s NexD technology in the M400/4 isn’t true Class D like the MHD600/4.

2016 Moomba Craz

No it’s not.
    Consider the MHD900/5 for the tower sub combo.
    One channel is 500w RMS for the sub and you can bridge the 4 channel into two for the towers.
    That’s the set up I had in my old boat with the 900

My amp board

What distribution blocks are you using??

2016 Moomba Craz

Wetsounds power distribution boards. I just went on their site and can’t find them.
    Plenty on amazon or crackbay no doubt

The "M" series JL amps are class-D.

If you simply want to replace 2 non-marine, with marine, then remove the 300/1 and 250.4 for a single JL M700/5

In addition. I would move the in-boats to the M700/5 with the woofer, and the towers to the existing M400/4. This does two things. 1) splits the 2 hardest played zones in a boat, to two difference amps. 2) makes it easier to configure the amp inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The "M" series JL amps are class-D.

If you simply want to replace 2 non-marine, with marine, then remove the 300/1 and 250.4 for a single JL M700/5

In addition. I would move the in-boats to the M700/5 with the woofer, and the towers to the existing M400/4. This does two things. 1) splits the 2 hardest played zones in a boat, to two difference amps. 2) makes it easier to configure the amp inputs.
    I definitely want to reduce the amplifier count as the current amp board is a mess having three amps wired the way they are.

The M400/4 won’t max out the tower speakers capabilities, but I’m not out there blasting tunes to the shore all the time!!

I appreciate your feedback.

2016 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by mor3naz0 View Post
    Wetsounds power distribution boards. I just went on their site and can’t find them.
    Plenty on amazon or crackbay no doubt

2016 Moomba Craz