Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mondo throttle tension adjustment

New to the wakesurf boat world. Just got 2015 Mondo and the tension on the throttle is loose. So much that once you hit about 10 o'clock (looking at throttle) the weight of the handle will weigh the throttle down wanting it to accelerate. Just figure there has to be a way to tighten the throttle tension. Thanks in advance.

Look under the chrome ring around the throttle. I believe there is a set screw on the bottom you can tighten to adjust the tension

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Hmmm... wonder if the same can be done to the Supra. Mine is the same, hit a bump and it’s off to the races if the speed control isn’t on lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

this may be the greatest question asked! often have the same thing a broke pilot, i just always set the speed control. i will check this out.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Yep...set screw underneath...uses a hex allen wrench, but I don't remember what size exactly. I keep it in my glove box. However, mine is tightened as tight as I can get it and it still feels a little looser than I would like it. Doesn't fall on its own, but a big bump or an accidental slight bump from my leg and full throttle she goes.

-Tyler

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

I have tried to tighten set screw at rhe bottom of the throttle arm. it did not add any tension to the throttle movement. I did find this pic in my documents. I can't figure out where the figure is referring. the20181008_215552.jpg

I did decide for safety purposes to always turn on cruise control. i set it for around 25 mph and it acts like a governor in case i start porpoising. of course, a higher speed is always available for cruising with the simple push of a button.

Update

I called Seastar Solutions which is the manufacturer of the side mount hybrid engine control. Their tech support said that there is a set screw and wedge behind the control unit. He said to take off the handle(make sure you know the position for reinstalling) and remove the face plate and 4 mounting bolts. Behind it, there is the set screw and wedge to increase the throttle brake tension. Once again, here is a picture of the manual. Hope this helps. I will give update after I complete procedure. 20181008_215552.jpg
    2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition
    WM 910 Rear sacs and 650 and 550 IBS
    WS 600 WATT Amp- 4 Tower Speakers
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Pro sport 12 Dual Batt Charger
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

Winston Salem
    North Carolina

Nice info. Should make this a sticky thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I just figured it out. You have to remove the throttle lever by loosening the Allen bolt on the bottom of it with a 1/8” Allen key, and unscrewing the small screw for the transmission lockout. Make sure you do this with the throttle in the vertical home position and down turn the lever as you pull it off! Then once the lever is off. You can use a bigger Allen key to slip onto the large hole and pop of the black bezel. You will then see the adjustment Allen key at the 9 o’clock position. You can right this with a 3/32” Allen key, but don’t make it too tight. Then reassemble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz