Default Setting Speed/paddle wheel

I've noticed when I set my speed with the paddle wheel settings around 20mph that its off at the low end, say 10mph. Then, when I set it at 10mph its off around 20mph. Is there a way around this? Is it something I'm doing wrong. Should you just be able to set it with a gps and it be good to go?
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I've noticed when I set my speed with the paddle wheel settings around 20mph that its off at the low end, say 10mph. Then, when I set it at 10mph its off around 20mph. Is there a way around this? Is it something I'm doing wrong. Should you just be able to set it with a gps and it be good to go?
    Yes, how far is it off? Unless your going thru a timed ski course it doesn't need to be perfect, just consistent. Check the paddle wheel for damage.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Its probably off about 2-3 mph at the upper end. It does seem consistent though. Just figured once I had it dialed in it would be accurate at any speed.
    2019 Moomba Max

Sure you're not in a current or river?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I had this issue as well on the Mojo. I ended up picking what was more important to me, which was my wake speed, so I dialed that in and just knew my surf speed was off by 2mph. Was never an issue after that. I don't that doesn't answer your question, but that's about as good as you're going to get the paddleweheel.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Ok, thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. And we are running it in a lake, no rivers.
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Ok, thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. And we are running it in a lake, no rivers.
    There is a product you can buy by Nautic laugic that plugs in line to your triducer that will run your boat with gps speed control. Great for lakes, not so much rivers. It also just so happens I have one from off my last boat if you are interested. They are super easy to install and you still get water temp and depth off of your triducer.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Thanks man I appreciate it, but I should be good. More concerned with my low end right now, as I'm still trying to get it dialed in to surf. I vary speed when wake boarding depending on how smooth it is, so not as big of a deal. If I can just get it dialed in to surf without dumping more $$ in to it I should be good.
    2019 Moomba Max