Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    There’s really not much in the way of “sound deadening” that I am aware of. Just fiberglass panels and upholstered stuff. I have dynamatted my boats lately—a 2016 SE and now Makai. Makes a nice difference.

Point here is—the OP seems to have a. Unusual noise worth checking into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have a makai ?!? How did I miss the post with pictures?
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    They (Raptors) aren’t loud, but GMs are quieter. In boats. Typically.

I agree with that
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I believe what I am hearing is "Prop Sing" The dealer serviced the boat and couldn't find any issues. They also weren't able to recreate the sound with the boat out of the water. I took the boat out yesterday and spent a lot of time crawling around it while it was making the noise. It is definitely a harmonic resonance type sound and that got me searching for prop harmonic noises. It sounds like others have encountered Prop Sing and there are some fixes such as filing the trailing edge of the prop. I'm not about to take a file to my brand new boat! But I do have a call into OJ Props. I just missed them today but I'll be calling them to learn more tomorrow. Hopefully between them and my dealer, we'll get it sorted out! I'll keep you posted on what I find.
    2018 Moomba Craz with Autowake
    Stock Ballast - 3,000lbs 6 pumps
    ACME 2775 prop

Quote Originally Posted by raffracing View Post
    I believe what I am hearing is "Prop Sing" The dealer serviced the boat and couldn't find any issues. They also weren't able to recreate the sound with the boat out of the water. I took the boat out yesterday and spent a lot of time crawling around it while it was making the noise. It is definitely a harmonic resonance type sound and that got me searching for prop harmonic noises. It sounds like others have encountered Prop Sing and there are some fixes such as filing the trailing edge of the prop. I'm not about to take a file to my brand new boat! But I do have a call into OJ Props. I just missed them today but I'll be calling them to learn more tomorrow. Hopefully between them and my dealer, we'll get it sorted out! I'll keep you posted on what I find.
    Oh geez, I had no idea that video was not in the water.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Wait—-you were turning the prop (in gear) out of the water?

NO- The boat was IN the water in the video. I was saying the dealer couldn't recreate the noise with the boat out of the water (On their fake a lake). I've never run it out of the water.
    ACME 2775 prop

Default Indmar Raptor 400 Engine Whine 1000rpm

So you have a noise that you’ve observed occurs only when you’re moving forward in the water, you take it to your dealer and they don’t even drive it in the water? I don’t get it.

Agree, your dealers analysis is confusing.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Just got of the phone with OJ Props. They were aware and confirmed they had an issue with the 945 15x13 prop singing and they will be exchanging mine for the updated prop. Problem solved!
    ACME 2775 prop

WOW!

I had a little noise started with my boat at about 60 hours. I was really concerned with it since it changed so drastically one day, so I took it to my dealer (actually met them on the water to look at it since they're awesome like that, which ended up with me spending most of the day on a '19 SE550). I thought it might be transmission related...

Leon got in the boat and we romped around in it a little and he told me he thought I had a prop problem. I was more than a little skeptical - I had looked the prop over several times, and I've destroyed a few in my day - I know what a prop problem looks like. A little bit out of spite, a little bit out of wanting to save a big family weekend, and a little bit out of curiosity to change pitches I ordered an Acme 1235. Noise COMPLETELY gone. There isn't a single mark on the OJ 945 that I pulled off, but the noise went away with the change! Strange that the noise started overnight. Maybe it is bent in a way that you cant see with the naked eye like an entire blade tweaked a little. I wander if they;ll replace mine. After surfing a whole day with the Acme, i do really need the lower pitch of the OJ945.

I've never had a problem with an Acme prop, and this is my second OJ that I found a reason to dislike.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead