Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have your exact boat, 2018 Craz, and I too have the whine, but mine is at a higher rpm. Mine is around 2,500-3,000 rpm. It's the transmission gears, not the engine. My dealer says its normal. A friend has a new Malibu, and his has the same whine but at a lower rpm. I ended up installing some additional sound deadening material and that helped a lot. Costs about $100 and comes in sheets. Don't fret, there is nothing wrong. My dealer and other online comments say its the type of gears in that transmission.
    ADM

2018 Craz

I'm a little slow to respond but we finally have it resolved! Dealer swapped out my OJ prop for an ACME 2775. ALL NOISE GONE! Only noises that remain are the normal transmission gear noises like DaveM states. There was definitely something wrong with the original prop. Super high pitch harmonic noise that was super irritating. All gone now and happy to have an awesome dealer helping make sure I'm taken care of.
    2018 Moomba Craz with Autowake
    Stock Ballast - 3,000lbs 6 pumps
    ACME 2775 prop

Thanks Raffracing, I have just had delivery of a Makai, and it's got exactly the same prop, with the same noise!
    2019 Makai-Building October-1st to come Downunder
    2007 Mobius LSV. **FOR SALE**

Wow! I have a 2018 Craz with the same problem. I have never heard it was a prop issue. So OJ send you another prop and did it work, or did you just use the ACME that the dealer gave you. I agree, it was annoying as hell because it was at optimum idol speed when everything was quiter. I have been happy with my OJ for wakeboarding and surfing, so I don’t want to lose performance by switching props. However, if I can make the noise go away, I will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    WOW!

I had a little noise started with my boat at about 60 hours. I was really concerned with it since it changed so drastically one day, so I took it to my dealer (actually met them on the water to look at it since they're awesome like that, which ended up with me spending most of the day on a '19 SE550). I thought it might be transmission related...

Leon got in the boat and we romped around in it a little and he told me he thought I had a prop problem. I was more than a little skeptical - I had looked the prop over several times, and I've destroyed a few in my day - I know what a prop problem looks like. A little bit out of spite, a little bit out of wanting to save a big family weekend, and a little bit out of curiosity to change pitches I ordered an Acme 1235. Noise COMPLETELY gone. There isn't a single mark on the OJ 945 that I pulled off, but the noise went away with the change! Strange that the noise started overnight. Maybe it is bent in a way that you cant see with the naked eye like an entire blade tweaked a little. I wander if they;ll replace mine. After surfing a whole day with the Acme, i do really need the lower pitch of the OJ945.

I've never had a problem with an Acme prop, and this is my second OJ that I found a reason to dislike.
    How does your Acme 1235 compare to the OJ 935? I saw in another thread someone recommended an ACME 2315. I guess I need to do my own research, but I don’t want to loose the performance of the “wake prop” that I paid an upgrade for when I ordered the boat. To many different numbers out there!

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    How does your Acme 1235 compare to the OJ 935? I saw in another thread someone recommended an ACME 2315. I guess I need to do my own research, but I don’t want to loose the performance of the “wake prop” that I paid an upgrade for when I ordered the boat. To many different numbers out there!

After putting a few dozen hours on the Acme 1235 I believe that it runs slightly smoother, quieter, and efficient than the factory "surf" upgrade OJ 935. But only slightly. After running heavily weighted, I want the pitch of the 935 back. I'm having it looked at by a prop shop this winter.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead