Default Got some rear locker space back

For some reason, Skier's Choice decided to make these rear bulkheads in the lockers that are almost a foot from the transom, and mostly empty space. On the port side is the ballast pump panel, and on the starboard side, there was nothing behind there until I put my tab relay panel there.

I needed to put an access port in the starboard panel to be able to easily change fuses if needed, so I figured while I had it out I'd cut it down to gain some space back.

It turned out pretty good, I got 5" of space, and the benefit of moving the ballast further aft and the ability to fill the bag more fully, since less of it is stuffed under the seat - which got me extra storage space under the seat. Win win win!

Now on to the port side...

Port side, giant space behind the panel.

Starboard side, fixed!

Access port installed. I need to shorten my ballast fill/drain hose now.
    2019 Supra SL450

Nice job. that reminds me of a couple of panels I removed from the forward end of my rear lockers on my XLV. In my case it allowed my rear bags to fill more. MOAR BALLAST!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Nice job. that reminds me of a couple of panels I removed from the forward end of my rear lockers on my XLV. In my case it allowed my rear bags to fill more. MOAR BALLAST!!!
    Thanks. Yeah I have those little carpeted panels on the front of the lockers too. The one on the starboard side hides a bunch of hoses and wiring, so I left it. On the port side, there's nothing back there, so I removed it.

On the port side, the ballast pumps are closer to the rear panel than I had remembered. I think it may be because I JB Welded a couple pieces of hdpe to the transom to attach the pump panel to (it was just free-standing in there, and essentially hanging on a couple wires), so it's sticking out further.

I decided to leave that rear panel alone, but I was able to scoot the bottom a couple inches aft and gain a little space. That and removing the forward trim panel probably made up for not being able to do more with cutting it down to move the whole panel aft.
    2019 Supra SL450

I probably should have left the starboard panel that covered the hoses like yours... But I yanked 'em both. I haven't had any hose or wire crushing problems yet since they're above the level that the top of the bag can expand to. But I probably could have been more conservative and left that one...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think I may make a different cover panel that actually covers the hoses and wires, but doesn't stick down 4 inches into nothingness.
    2019 Supra SL450

Shoebox, you might want to trim your starboard ballast hose supply back some to move that 90deg elbow back toward the transom now to reduce stress on that fitting when the bag wants to fill up and expand back to your new panel.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Shoebox, you might want to trim your starboard ballast hose supply back some to move that 90deg elbow back toward the transom now to reduce stress on that fitting when the bag wants to fill up and expand back to your new panel.
    Yeah that's the plan. Thanks.
    2019 Supra SL450