Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes I am the original owner but they wont warranty because they think it might be impact damage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Mondo
    1120 rear lockers
    500 center hard tank
    750 ibs
    2-650s in the floor
    Acme 2079 prop

Yeah, that is what it looks like. I should have clarified, structural failure is what SC would cover. They would not cover impact damage. Assuming you have it insured, they will cover it. Happened to someone I know. It was a $6,000 repair after hitting a log and a bent shaft wore out the bearing, then cracked the fiberglass all around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Relax!

Water won’t get into the boat from spider cracks! The spider crack is just the top layer of gel coat. You could remove the entire layer of gel coat down to the glass and water still won’t penetrate the hull. The only purpose it serves is looks and creates a smooth surface.

The worst case is you can eventually get blistering. However not likely unless it’s in the water over the entire summer over many years. They will however continue to get longer over time and thus more expensive to fix. You can stop them yourself by taking a small Dremel grinding point to the very tip of each crack. Just create a shallow divet. I would also clean the area with hull cleaner, scrub it well, rinse, wipe with alcohol and apply a few coats of Rejex. You can find rejex on Amazon. I have a black hull and that’s all I’ve used for years. It’s cheap and works 100 x’s better than any carnauba wax. Algae growth, water spots, bugs... wipe right off and it lasts all summer.

Gel coat work is expensive! If it’s not in the budget, don’t worry about.

Good luck and Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

In addition! It’s not an impact. You can tell the spider cracks are originating from the underwater gear. Gel coat cracks typically originate from thru-hull hardware.

Again, it’s nothing to panic about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV