Default v-drive oil pan gasket replacement

Our boat started losing oil from the v-drive (mostly while sitting over time but it deteriorated quickly). I found oil dripping off of the studs/nuts of it's oil pan. It turned out to be quite easy to service. There is enough clearance to service it in place. I disconnected the pickup hose, dropped the pan, cut a gasket and put it all back together. I followed this thread with nice pictures: https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...t-this-weekend Our v-drive is configured just slightly differently with the dipstick up in the main body, not remotely like these pictures, so one less hose connection.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

that is great to know. A few years ago i realized i was getting a little oil dripping from the bottom of the v drive. I was about to replace the gasket but i decided to try tightening up the bolts and that seemed to take care of things. This is good to know that it isn't too hard. Thanks.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

The original top and bottom gaskets were very thin and fragile so instead of replacing them I used RTV.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

I did consider using RTV. My only thought was that it's tight enough that I didn't want to end up scraping it of the underside of the v-drive if there was any need for a redo. It was so easy to make a gasket, I decided it was the best first step. If I have any trouble I'll go RTV next time.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold