Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Boat fenders

Quote Originally Posted by WakeSurf22 View Post
    Hey guys!
    Appreciate the feedback on the NautiFender, good point on fender location due to the curve of the gunwale and cleat locations on the boat (like on the SA). We were considering a prototype roughly twice the thickness with the thought it would provide that further protection, but would still have the functionality and style, so your feedback makes looking into the thickness a no-brainer.

Thanks much for the feedback and we're excited to hear about the true performance as they flow into the market.

The babz are great for tying up, and we just partnered with FatSac to develop the NautiBumper that is fairly similar in concept, but made from durable FatSac material and more of a cylinder than round. Few photos below.

Cheers and thanks again!
    Jon
    Attachment 29913
    Attachment 29914
    Now that I like.

My $.02 take it or leave it:
    I would love to see the design of your top bumpers but in a flexible rubber inflatable version. Say 24(tall) x 12 (wide) x10 (thick)
    Basically babz or similar that are not round but rectangular so they sit against the boat and don't roll around.
    Right now I use actual inflatable buoys as bumpers and they work great but they are very large and bulky and take up most of a rear locker.
    2020 Supra SA

Your party bumpers look awesome for tie ups.

But this is the scenario I need a thick bumper for....

I need a bumper that touches the dock but is thick enough to keep rub rail off the pylons.

Buoy balls work, but won’t clear the guide poles on the trailer. I know, first world problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

I need a bumper that touches the dock but is thick enough to keep rub rail off the pylons.

Buoy balls work, but won’t clear the guide poles on the trailer. I know, first world problems.

That is a bummer to have to deal with and a very poor design for a boat dock IMO. I can see why you need the buoy balls.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Default Boat fenders

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    That is a bummer to have to deal with and a very poor design for a boat dock IMO. I can see why you need the buoy balls.
    It doesn’t hurt the rub rail, it’s only there for the 3 min I launch and 3 min to retrieve.

Some will throw their sentry missions onto the dock pylons.

Typically my son will just hold it away from touching pylons as I grab the truck

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

It doesn’t hurt the rub rail, it’s only there for the 3 min I launch and 3 min to retrieve.

Some will throw their sentry missions onto the dock pylons.

Typically my son will just hold it away from touching pylons as I grab the truck

I see. It is still just a lazy design when they could have easily put the 2x6 or 2x12 on the outside of the piling and made it a smooth surface to dock against.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I see. It is still just a lazy design when they could have easily put the 2x6 or 2x12 on the outside of the piling and made it a smooth surface to dock against.
    Absolutely. Other ramps we use have rubber bumpers on the exposed pylons, but there is no consistency on Michigan dock designs LOL.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

gotta be honest larry. when I first saw this I thought you were talking larger balls to keep away from the pda happening on the end of the dock
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    gotta be honest larry. when I first saw this I thought you were talking larger balls to keep away from the pda happening on the end of the dock
    Hilarious, but I borrowed that picture of some random people at the end of the dock from the launch website......lol

They look a little goth for boating LOL

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Hilarious, but I borrowed that picture of some random people at the end of the dock from the launch website......lol

They look a little goth for boating LOL

you could get the same pic idea from the supra teaser that dropped. same setup as that boat leaves the lift. ironic...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Lol! Yeah that dock is tough, even traditional cylinder fenders wouldn't do the trick! Our launch is similar, but has large 4" diameter steel poles, what a mess!

Say, we'd love some tangible feedback, for anyone interested in giving them a shot and posting their feedback on style, versatility, ease of stow and protection, we'd offer 20% off the NautiFender with code: TRYNAUTIFENDER

Few more photos below in a couple other scenarios.
    Cheers!
    NautiFender - Fender and Bumper Dock Beam Attachment. Flat EVA Foam Boat Fender-1.jpg
    NautiFender - Flat EVA Foam Boat Bumper - NautiCurl.jpg
    NautiFender - Innovative Flat Boat Fender by NautiCurl (8).jpg