Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    5,458

    Default

    see this boat for sale here locally while it's up. I have seen several extensions on boats here in the desert like this. the place that made my custom cover said it would be 350ish to make something like what this boat has on it with most of the cost being in the poles.

    https://www.boulderboats.com/default...OwnedInventory
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    Saw this on a Paragon last weekend at the Barrett Jackson show.



    I asked the salesman about the bimini extension and he said that one was factory Nautique but he gets so many requests he is going to make some.

    Looks fairly simple to custom make yourself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mastercraft has one like this for 2020. It looks well made.
    The key to making yourself would be the poles and the mounts into the boat.
    2018 Supra SL400

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Mastercraft has one like this for 2020. It looks well made.
    The key to making yourself would be the poles and the mounts into the boat.
    The poles looked like they were carbon fiber but could be fiberglass with a wrap on it. The sockets looked like fishing pole holders. The netting look like the stuff used on playgrounds. I would think you can drive at least 30mph with these since air can go through the netting and produce less drag than a normal bimini. It felt pretty sturdy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    see this boat for sale here locally while it's up. I have seen several extensions on boats here in the desert like this. the place that made my custom cover said it would be 350ish to make something like what this boat has on it with most of the cost being in the poles.

    https://www.boulderboats.com/default...OwnedInventory
    350 isnt bad. Id pay that for the extra shade. The shade is worth a lot here in AZ.
    It looks like it would interfere with the rope?? Especially a surf rope.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    5,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    It looks like it would interfere with the rope?? Especially a surf rope.
    yes it would but most I know that surf regularly can get up using the surf rope off the pylon. teaching noobs would be the only challenge.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    350 isn’t bad. I’d pay that for the extra shade. The shade is worth a lot here in AZ.
    It looks like it would interfere with the rope?? Especially a surf rope.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree . . .
    2018 Supra SL400

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Found this.
    https://oceansouth.us/shop/bimini-to...RoCDnIQAvD_BwE



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    Found this.
    https://oceansouth.us/shop/bimini-to...RoCDnIQAvD_BwE



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good find. $150? Not sure I could build one for that price.

    Fits into rod-holders, on the those upper-end wake boats, are the holders in the boat that big?
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 01-27-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Good find. $150? Not sure I could build one for that price.

    Fits into rod-holders, on the those upper-end wake boats, are the holders in the boat that big?
    Im not sure. The poles look to be about a 1.5 diameter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •