Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Autowake Inclinometer Backwards?

New 2018 Craz. Took the boat out last night to learn autowake and I think something is off. I set it to wakeboard autowake and it was trying to hit a value of positive 8% pitch (bow in the air) but the actual values were showing negative like the bow is submarining! The bow was definitely up in the positive direction but autowake thought different. I feel like the sensor may be installed backwards. Has anyone ever seen this on their boat?

It was just my wife and 3 year old in the boat. I even got them out and followed the calibration instructions. Same results after. Surf autowake yielded the same issue.

I have the dealer looking into it and they are awesome but it’s Sunday and I’m eager to figure this out! Haha

6AF05AD6-DF98-4F59-A9DA-5A67ED36929A.jpgD5AD6F79-F39F-44B8-94BE-8EA721AAAB9E.jpg
    2018 Moomba Craz with Autowake
    Stock Ballast - 3,000lbs 6 pumps
    ACME 2775 prop

Dive dive dive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Unscrew and rotate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That’s what I figured I would try. Seems like it has to be in backwards. Wasn’t able to get to it today before we hit the water. I’ll have to try it later this week.
    ACME 2775 prop

Could you tell if it responded in the right direction? try changing the wake plate and see if the numbers go more negative or approach zero (more positive). If they're following the right direction, you just have a calibration issue (common, I've re calibrated mine 2x this year but I trailer a lot). if they follow backwards - more negative with the bow MORE in the air, you're probably on to to something with the inclinometer.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Definitely more negative with the bow more in the air. I'm now 99.7% certain it is in there backwards! Simple enough fix. I'll swap it and head out to the lake this week for a quick test. Keep you posted.
    ACME 2775 prop

The notification email for your response ring in my pocket literally as I was sitting in the floor of my boat cleaning up. You're 100% right, your sensor is backwards.

Front is right in my photo, it rotated weird on upload.

20180910_174953.jpg
    Last edited by korey; 09-10-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

I would check the calibration before anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimmygir- Tried calibration first. Same results.

Korey- Thank you! I have a lake 15 mins from my house so I'm going to rotate and then test it. Unfortunately won't be tonight but possibly tomorrow! Was also thinking I could turn it on in my shop and just lift the front of the trailer and watch that it corresponds correctly. Keep you posted.
    ACME 2775 prop

Ok- 100% was in backwards. Thanks for your help Korey! Lifted the tongue of the trailer up in the air and numbers went negative. Lowered it and it went positive. Switched it 180 degrees and everything now reacts the way it should! I’ll have to re calibrate one last time and then we can play with Autowake! I was able to get a pretty good wave without it, but will be good to try and use it since I paid for it! Haha
    ACME 2775 prop