Thread: Surf plates

Default Surf plates

Been having a fair amount of issues with the surf plates this year, when only surfing port really haven't had much trouble, but when trying to switch to goofy, all hell breaks loose and I get stuff like this. Took 10 minutes of toggling the switch back and forth , key on and off, battery on and off to get it back to normal, the surf switch is in surf starboard position in picture. And sitting still at idle. Every goofy side attempt has been similar to picture, or would say 80% port plate, but starboard plate was still fully deployed from regular surfing and port plate was still not deployed at all. Just an observation an minor nuisance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Sounds like a warranty claim to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Doing some more playing out of the water, here are some pics of the starboard plate. No wonder I'm having such issues with the goofy wave. The first pic is surf starboard, you can see both plates deployed, second pic is is wake board , or both plates 0, last pic is after actually getting it to go to 0 position

But the only way to get the starboard side plate to actually go to 0 , I would have to manually set it to 0. Then if I set it back to my 60 % setting to surf port, after 3 cycles from wake to surf port on the switch, you can see that the plate doesn't fully retract back to 0.

So even though i flip the switch to middle position, the starboard plate stays at about 15% deployed, or of flipped to goofy, it is still deployed

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Damn that sucks man. Sounds like it just needs a reflash though.
    2019 Supra SL450

Re flash or new actuator, in the pic with both plates deployed, the starboard side reading was 0 like it's supposed to be, but E.T. still wouldn't go home

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

You were able to get it to move, though, right? If so, it's not the actuator.

Is a reflash something a boat owner can do? I thought I read someone has done it.
    2019 Supra SL450

It moves, but it seems like when adjusting it in the 5% increments, one bump you would hear move for a second, next bump you could hear move for 5 seconds,

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

And the actuator would creep down, when it was actually at 0 , I would deploy it to 60 , return it, deploy return, every cycle it would not fully return by about 5%

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds