Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Couple of pictures from a quick trip to Powell last weekend
    Man what a great time to visit Lake Powell. Was down at Antelope Point Marina for the Lake Powell Challenge.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by bjrow View Post
    That Lake Powell I keep seeing is almost enough to make a guy get out the c/card and fly over to visit, problem is I'd have to bring the whole family and spend the next 4 years paying it back!
    Spring has sprung....ooohhhhh getting closer.
    Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.
    That would be one hell of an expensive trip LOL! I'll tell you what, you get yourself over here i am will take you....
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

My new board came in today. Connelly Voodoo 4’10. Holy crap this thing fun. And cheap... do t forget that, otherwise I never would have bought it! Lmao
    A buddy bought the 4’6 for his wife and I was goofing around on it. Surprisingly even at 220, I can ride the 4’6, and boost it off the water. It was a blast, just a hair too short, and not floaty enough.
    The 4’10, Turns out it is a little surf missile! And it’s obscenely light, I can get little airs every now and then on my Doomsy, but this thing can launch out of the water. It shreds, so far as of today it’s wveryones new favorite on the boat.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    My new board came in today. Connelly Voodoo 4’10. Holy crap this thing fun.
    How much was it?
    2019 Supra SL450

My new board came in today. Connelly Voodoo 4’10. Holy crap this thing fun. And cheap... do t forget that, otherwise I never would have bought it! Lmao
    A buddy bought the 4’6 for his wife and I was goofing around on it. Surprisingly even at 220, I can ride the 4’6, and boost it off the water. It was a blast, just a hair too short, and not floaty enough.
    The 4’10, Turns out it is a little surf missile! And it’s obscenely light, I can get little airs every now and then on my Doomsy, but this thing can launch out of the water. It shreds, so far as of today it’s wveryones new favorite on the boat.
    Intrigued. I usually ride the fancy stuff. What Doomswell you comparing it to? I have been on Neos in 4-6 and 4-8 and the Sparkplug. Actually loved none of those to be honest.....

But you’re saying this is quicker and has more pop? Curious! Where did you purchase and how much?

These boards are made overseas and frankly how can there be any secrets anymore in shaping? Maybe there is...but what keeps people from copying everything?

I do love my SC and Chaos products. For sure. But I am always up for new things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was never a huge fan of the neo. It always feels like it’s gonna roll out from under me lol... I dunno if I’d say this is quicker, but it’s definitely more stable when you’re railing on the board. But it’s no slouch, it’ll turn as hard and fast as I tell it to. And it’s nice cus I don’t feel worn out pumping this thing around. It just goes...
    I have a Doomsy 56” Carbon hybrid skimmer. It’s been a blast all season. It spins easily, (still haven’t landed that 360 cus I always over rotate) and with drivers it’s a fun surf board and it’s light.
    This voodoo is all surf, but it feels like a real ocean board. It will break loose for fin slides on top of the wave, it boosts like crazy, even for my fat butt. The coolest part is how fast it pumps. I took a pretty good header cus I bounced off the wave trying to get my legs poked out on a hard carve. It will almost recover itself if you get in the soft water.
    I too am used to expensive boards. Picked this up for $320, can’t tell you who I got it from, sorry. But it’s worth every bit of the $400 on Evo or the like. It’s my new favorite, a CWB of all things.
    We were having so much fun with it we forgot to take pics.
    I’ll try and get a video if I can get on the water tomorrow.
    Last edited by Broke Pilot; 09-19-2018 at 10:44 PM.
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

I was never a huge fan of the neo. It always feels like it’s gonna roll out from under me lol... I dunno if I’d say this is quicker, but it’s definitely more stable when you’re railing on the board. But it’s no slouch, it’ll turn as hard and fast as I tell it to. And it’s nice cus I don’t feel worn out pumping this thing around. It just goes...
    I have a Doomsy 56” Carbon hybrid skimmer. It’s been a blast all season. It spins easily, (still haven’t landed that 360 cus I always over rotate) and with drivers it’s a fun surf board and it’s light.
    This voodoo is all surf, but it feels like a real ocean board. It will break loose for fin slides on top of the wave, it boosts like crazy, even for my fat butt. The coolest part is how fast it pumps. I took a pretty good header cus I bounced off the wave trying to get my legs poked out on a hard carve. It will almost recover itself if you get in the soft water.
    I too am used to expensive boards. Picked this up for $320, can’t tell you who I got it from, sorry. But it’s worth every bit of the $400 on Evo or the like. It’s my new favorite, a CWB of all things.
    We were having so much fun with it we forgot to take pics.
    I’ll try and get a video if I can get on the water tomorrow.
    So what would you say you are directly comparing it’s pop and ability to boost to?

It rides like a hammerhead but it’s not trying to slide out and/or kill you every time you come down the wave lol. But that’s all I’ve ever really ridden. Hammerhead, my Doomsy, and my old byerly. The neo wasn’t mine, only ridden it a few times but never liked it.
    You should see the bruise and knot on my thigh from a botched 360 today on the Hammerhead. I’m limping like an old man, my knee even hurts. I came down hard on my hip right on the back of the board.
    If you can find one to ride, do it! You’ll love it. Tons of push
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

That is the info I was looking for! Perhaps you’re feeling a decent surf feel for -kind of- the first time. Wait till your feel grace the top of something nice and hot—a good Chaos, or SC, or Parker....you may crap your trunks.

Not saying this is not a sweet little stick...sounds fun as heck!

Nice write up. Thanks for sharing that info.

2018 Supra SL400