Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help me with a new boat..

guys, i am looking at the Mondo and the Axis A20. We are mainly surfers at this point and wakeboarding is a distant 2nd. I currently have a mastercraft and want to get into a new boat.

Can you give me your opinions on on the Mondo? is it a quality boat, more so than the Axis? will it produce a good surf wake so i can finally surf without a rope?

looking for real world opinions. Its between these 2 right now. they are only $90 difference in price.

Can't help you with the Axis, but have gotten to ride behind Shoeboxe's 15 Mondo, slightly modified ,and it throws a legit wave, a new one with surf plates from the factory and autowake, I think would be comparable as well. And getting to drive it a little, it feels pretty solid, not much difference between it and my 17 Craz as far as wave goes with similar ballast weights, and drivability. I still prefer the Craz just being a longer boat, but the Mondo is good bang for the buck, and very surf-able
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

You don’t hear much on the A20. The mondo will be a lot better fit and finish. And I’ve heard a lot of good things about the surf wave. I’d opt for the mondo if it were me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mondo wave is legit. I threw in 1100 lb bags in the back corners of my '15 and that's it, stock 1000 front. Manual flow, 4 in the boat, I'm 225 (6' tall) and have a pocket from behind the swim platform to about 12-13 feet back to play around in. I'm not that good yet but it's getting to be fun. Push is not an issue in the least and the wave gets massive when I have 10 in the boat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=zeN9bXu-5rw
    '19 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    guys, i am looking at the Mondo and the Axis A20. We are mainly surfers at this point and wakeboarding is a distant 2nd. I currently have a mastercraft and want to get into a new boat.

Can you give me your opinions on on the Mondo? is it a quality boat, more so than the Axis? will it produce a good surf wake so i can finally surf without a rope?

looking for real world opinions. Its between these 2 right now. they are only $90 difference in price.
    Has the A20 hull changed over the years? My neighbor has a 2013 A20, and my 2014 Mondo wave is far, far better. Of course, that's comparing both boats with Nauticurl, not with Surf Gate and Autoflow, but still. The Mondo hull is much deeper.
    2019 Supra SL450

Think a Mondo would have a better surf wave than the Axis? And the comment above is accurate. Looks like the Axis bow is really high during surf. But aren't they all?

This is a good comparison between boats and I think a demo on both is in order. From experience the fit and finish of the Moomba will beat the Axis by far. When you look at options both boats have stepped up but again with Autowake, Gatorstep, Wetsounds, and surf pipe Moomba wins again. The wakes are comparable if you have the right person that knows both and how to weight them. My vote is Moomba Mondo by far...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Seems as if surfgate on the Axis doesn't need as much ballast from what i am being told. I am leaning Moomba right now, but if i need to put 2000lbs of water aboard to get it to surf, then the surf system doesn't seem legit. Comments?

Fake news. Displacement is required everywhere. The Malibu we ride takes actually more weight to work well—needs it in the bow.

Whoever is propagating that doesn’t fully understand how waves are made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the guys at the dealer who sells boards and accessories. Said the Axis will need less ballast. in fact he said just go with stock and that surf gate is a far better system since it pushed out and not down.

This is my first surf boat so looking for opinions. All of the dealers are saying "theirs is the best".. This is a boat i will have for a long time so want to make the right decision.