Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craz vs. SR

Default Craz vs. SR

So, I know different boats, fit, finish and tech but I am really looking for info on how my 2016 Craz stacks up to a 2019 SR surf wave. I have been gently playing with the idea of upgrading to an SR (the SA may be a touch big for my garage with our Escalade in it and it obviously a bit more expensive).
    I have my craz pretty dialed in for what it is. I am running 1100s in the back, 500# lead and it varies how many people. Will the new tech in the 2019 SR make a better wave than what my craz has or is it pretty negligible in terms of difference?
    I have a 2016 SA on demo. Only stock weight in it with 2 passengers but the wave was actually a touch smaller than my Craz, but i know its insane when really sacked out.
    Basically, is an upgrade from a 2016 craz to a 2019 SR worth it. Any insight would help!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would have to think with new technology and equal weight, the sr would outperform the Craz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    I would have to think with new technology and equal weight, the sr would outperform the Craz.

I know how its advertised. Was just curious if anyone had ridden both and can personally chime in.

I can tell you that just the new plate design from 2017 Supra SA400 to 2018 SL550 made a huge difference in the quality of my wave. The length of the wave, the lip and firmness of the wave in my opinion is way better with Swell 3.0 Surf System...not to mention the 6 pump ballast system, predictive state technology and autowake.

No brainer in my mind if you can afford it to move up from a Craz to Supra SR.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

I can’t speak to moomba vs Supra, but I can comment on the SR vs SA. I demod both 2018 models and would really pick the SA over the SR.

I think the msrp is within 8% of each other. And you might want to look at what comes standard. The starting price may be higher but it might come with extras.

SA has surf locker. SA feels a ton bigger to me with a huge bow. The ballast pumps seem to be mounted in a different spot and they seem super loud on the SR. To each his own,but the extra 9” seems like a big difference.
    2022 Supra SL 400 ordered!
    2019 Supra SL 400 passed on for summer fun
    2018 Supra SL 400 Arrived and awesome!
    2014 Axis A20 - Sold to a great family
    1992 Supra Comp T6SM
    1999 Nautique Super Sport

It's worth it if you can afford it.
    2019 Supra SL450

I shopped an SR and as soon as I got aboard and SA the difference was significant.

SA is roomy for being 4” shy of 23 feet.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I shopped an SR and as soon as I got aboard and SA the difference was significant.

SA is roomy for being 4” shy of 23 feet.

But my question is the SR against the craz. I know the SA is better, im just saying if i had just those 2. But with the SA being THAT much better than the SR, maybe there is my answer.

Don’t get me wrong, the SR is legit, beautiful boat. $10k price Delta is significant.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, the SR is legit, beautiful boat. $10k price Delta is significant.

What $50 more a month if you financed? Def worth that