Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 2008 Moomba mobius LS/SK.. is it worth it?

Hi guys,

Im new to the forum as i am looking at a 08 moomba mobius and want to know what you guys think. This will be my first boat and i love how this boat looks! they want $25,500 for it but i talked them down to $24k... its got 507 hours on the original engine and the boat it self is is great condition. is this boat worth this much? i could have already bought it but im putting a hold on it as i dont want to make a stupid purchase just because i like the boat ..

Thank you guys for all your input!

325 hp
    Bimini Top
    Boat Cover - 20 ft. thru 25 ft.
    Bluetooth Stereo
    Batteries - Dual w/Switch
    Swim Step - Fiberglass
    Cruise Control
    Fat Sacks - 2 (250 lbs)
    Wake-Board Rack
    Surf Board Rack
    Wake-Board Tower
    Wake-Board Tower Lights
    Wake-Board Tower Speakers
    Water Ballast System
    Attached Images Attached Images

You are in v-drive territory in the mid 20’s. To me a direct drive isn’t worth anywhere close to that these days.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Sort of agree. That not looks clean and it isn’t priced ridiculously, but I would go for a v-drive if all you want to do is surf or wakeboard. If skiing is a big priority get the direct drive LS. If skiing isn’t even on the radar skip the direct drive......seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

It looks favorable to the NADA price.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

the real question is are you wanting a direct drive or a v drive? If you plan on doing mostly skiing then a direct drive is for you. If you want more room, better boat for surfing and all around use, then a v drive is what you want. I don't know what direct drives are going for these days but for upper 20's you could find a nice Mobius LSV v drive.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Unless you're a die hard skier skip it and get a v-drive.

The direct drive models are good for sking and not much else. If you want to entertain(that engine hump takes up a lot of room), wakeboard/surf you want the v-drive.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

What do you guys think about 507 hours? Is that a lot of hours ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdscott512 View Post
    What do you guys think about 507 hours? Is that a lot of hours ?
    Not really, just depends on if the boat was taken care of. From the picks it looks good. You can get a vdrive for that price, direct drives should be around d high teens.

Sorry if we're all being negative towards the direct drive version, but unless your a die hard skier you'll want a vdrive drive.

What are you going to use the boat for?

I agree with others that the only way to wake surf is behind a V drive because of the freeboard and the storage areas for bags. The prices of DDs surprised me when I sold my boat in May and saw a dramatic increase in price since five years ago. In my earlier post, when I mentioned the price was within the NADA price I didn't say it was actually at the low end so not to upset our V drive brothers who for years have known the DDs were much cheaper both new and used than V drives. I don't have a reason for the price changes except maybe supply and demand or a possible resurgence of water skiing (maybe I can sell my comp ski). I sold my 1998 boat priced in the upper teens for the same price I bought it 16 years ago and I had four other people all more than 200 miles away interested in it. I thought the pricing for DDs was rather strange until I priced this boat. With that said, if I had a V drive boat I would still have it as I see surfing as an old man's alternative to skiing but when I bought my boat wake boarding was just taking off and I had to tell others that what I have on my boat is not a roll bar.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD