Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Sorry if we're all being negative towards the direct drive version, but unless your a die hard skier you'll want a vdrive drive.

What are you going to use the boat for?
    Thank you all for your responses! And no worries I would rather get the truth. Wakeboarding and surfing/family boat. I just cant find any v drives for around this price

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2005-Mo...ois-86927.aspx

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2005-Mo...ppi-85340.aspx

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2006-Mo...ota-86251.aspx

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2007-Mo...gan-86507.aspx

Just a few examples, you can always add ballast, perfect pass, stereo stuff later. A lot of people do these things themselves and there are plenty of how to threads on here. I have been on DD boats and the engine in the middle alone is enough for me to get a Vidrine regardless of sport. It just takes up a lot of room. I would go drive unless competitively skiing.

I would wait about a month and find an LSV 2006 or newer. Cash talks when it starts getting cold out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I would wait about a month and find an LSV 2006 or newer. Cash talks when it starts getting cold out.
    Word!

Don’t settle for a DD if you don’t ever ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I know this is an old thread but I am looking at a 2008 Mobius LS with a 190 hours. It does have perfect pass, but no real other options. We are at$26K on the price. The reason I am looking at the LS instead of the LSV is that my wife and I both still enjoy slalom skiing and the kids want to enjoy some of the other activities. What are your thoughts? Good deal or should we hold out for something else?

Thanks in advance

Ed

sounds like a good deal but I'd ask yourself what do you envision yourself doing longer term.
    the ls will be a fantastic ski machine and able to pull a tube great but surfing it will be lacking and betting frustrating to find a decent wave and wakeboarding it'll be so-so. not sure on kids ages but as soon as they start to bring friends if they are not grown/out of the house, a dd will feel too cramped/small even when compared to same size vdrive.

if it was me I'd look for one of the mid00's vdrives. they will have a better ski wake than a lot of the surf barges being sold today but still able to get a decent surf/wakeboard wave out of it. think lsv.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thank you for the information. Kinds are in college and we are bribing them to hang out with us old parents. We currently have a 1997 Ski Nautique with a great slalom wake. Really looking for something that we can enjoy as a family. The idea of being able to have more than six in the boat is very appealing. We have tried to surf behind the Nautique, but it was not made for that type of fun. So any wake will be an improvement. I get that unless you only do one thing behind the boat everything else is a compromise. Just not sure how far I want to lean to the wakesurf side.

if I were you i would definitely lean toward the wakesurf side. I love to ski and do every time i can find some good water, but 80% or more of our time is spent surfing, wakeboarding, etc. If you have kids and they want to invite a few friends, i can almost promise you that the majority of your time will be surfing. Like Sandm said, get a LSV and you can do everything pretty well.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Having trouble finding a LSV that’s as clean and low hours as the one I found for $26K

yea, boats are a hot commodity right now. Be patient and keep looking around, you will find one. You may have to pay a bit more for in now unfortunately.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2008-Mo...an-119818.aspx
    Last edited by 996scott; 02-23-2021 at 12:54 AM.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190