Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I will try to answer some of the questions brought up on this post.

Over the years we have used several different canvas covers on our boats. The majority of these years we used a non-sunbrella material from Attwood on the Supra and Moomba models. We choose this material because we felt it was the best value and provided good protection for a fair price. However, we did start getting feedback from many consumers that it did not meet their expectations. 2 years ago we changed the Supra cover to the Sunbrella material but left the Moomba cover alone. We have gotten more feedback from NMMA CSI numbers and these types of forums and for 2007 choose to go to the Weather Max material as Jon described. The 2007 Moomba covers are from Attwood and have same design but different material, and the 2007 Supra covers are a new design from Great Lakes and also new material. As Jon said, the Supra covers do have removable straps, vents, and while we don't recommend it, can be used in towing applications. The Moomba and Supra covers both still have pole locations and we still recommend using them and the straps when storing for long periods of time. While some covers may say they do not require straps or poles, we feel pretty strongly that is not the best recommendation. We could be wrong.

You have to understand as a manufacturer we have to try and develop bullet proof products that meets our customers expectations. While some times we don't succeed that is our goal. That is hopefully what technology and new product development is all about. Also, that is why many times we are rather conservative in what we say our products can do. If we say our covers do not require poles or straps and can be trailered, then it leads to a certain type of expectation. While that may be great for initial sales, it will hurt us in the long run. However, if we don't mislead you and your expectations are lower and we exceed those expectations then hopefully you will be a happier customer and a return customer. Hope that makes sense.

Also, Jon is correct on almost all of the retrofit sizes. The only one that sticks out in my mind is the XLV cover. The 2007 cover will not fit the 2004 XLV (first year). We slightly changed the tower in 2005 and has been the same since.

The rest should be correct. If anyone has a specific request, you might want to email me to confirm. Thanks.

Matt Brown
    Product Manager

Ed, I have been down there 4x in the last 3 years. I'd travelled lots of places, lived in barbados for a few years but never been to Florida. When my wife found out we started going every year and I love it there. We usually stay around ratworld but take lots of day trips This fall was the first time I didnt go because of new baby. I really missed it!

I will be there for the Jam- Bor-REEEE forsure this year. My 6 month parental leave starts March 07/07 so I have 6 months and have already cleared it with the Boss..

Im stoked so any details that you get make sure you pass them along

Goose (Matt Brown),
    Thanks for the info. I can tell you the cover I now have does not use poles and is trailerable. We just got finished with some torrential rains and the cover shed the water perfectly - no pooling whatsoever. I have used the poles with the old cover and they are absolutely useless. We eventually somewhat solved the pooling problem by putting in a tripod near the rear seat and an upside down flower pot in the nose. If you have read these forums about the cover issues, you will have seen several people going to the extent of building pvc frames to fix the poles/pooling problems.

While Covercrafts is just starting to do Moombas, they have done Malibus for years. Rankin makes a very similar cover. I suggest you look at them. No poles, no pooling, and trailerable.

Ed G,
    Covercrafts has been doing Malibus for years. I have seen a Malibu cover, in Texas, that is out in the sun 365 days per year. The black Covercraft cover was 7 years old and still looked like new - no fading at all. I can guarantee Austin, TX gets as intense, direct Sun as you get in Florida.

BTW, here is the Malibu photo that helped sell me on Covercrafts:

Shoemaker,

Thanks for the info. Again, sorry our old cover did not work well for you. Sounds like you are happy and that is the main thing. We will investigate the Covercraft and Rankin covers.

Thanks and hope you continue to enjoy your boat.

matt

This may be a stupid question but, what makes a cover trailerable? I have the 06 LSV, towed my boat with the cover all the time. I didn't seem to have a problem. I do have a problem with the snaps. The end up braking so I have to get those fixed.

wakerookie, it's the straps that will scratch your gelcoat.

i have trailed with mine once after i repaired the rip in the cover. but over the straps i put pipe insulation which did not allow the straps to rub.

still waiting for cory at covercraft to get back with me on getting one for my supra. he said they have had the worse amount of rain in many years.

db