Default 02 Mobius V Having to work throttle to start any tips?

02 Mobius V 220 Hrs 320 indmar EFi

Lately the boat has been hard to start, I'm having to work the throttle a lot to get it fire up. I've replaced the IAC and coolant temp sensor bc they were easy to access. I've been through fuel cleaner and gallons and gallons of fuel. I've read where the fuel pressure could be an issue. That's next on my list to check. How exactly does the LP and HP fuel pumps work? Is only one engaged during start up? How would you tell between the two if your just checking pressure on the gauge?

Thanks in advance

Check the fuel pressure last night. Primes to 30 psi and hold for few moments then bleeds off without trying to start. When I try to start it, it does prime to 30psi again and while cranking holds the 30psi. When it starts holds that 30psi the whole time. Its never sounded or ran bad, always during start up.

Cant seem to get a definitive answer on the fuel pressure for a EFI system with TBI though. Should it be 30 or more around 45?

I have a 2003 Supra SSV with the 5.7L TBI and struggled for like a YEAR to figure out a 'hard start cold' issue. It ended up being my ignition coil. It was going bad slowly.

Fuel pressure is 30PSI for the TBI, not sure about EFI.

Are you having trouble keeping it running once started? If you put the boat under a heavy load at high RPMs does it sputter or otherwise hate you? If not I'd lean away from fuel pump issues for now.

How's the exhaust look? Any black smoke, or soot gathering around the stern? That might indicate that it's not burning fuel cleanly and point you more towards an ignition problem. Have you checked spark plugs, distributor cap & rotor?