Default 06' Outback ballast that does not empty anymore!

I have a 2006 Outback equipped with the manufacturer ballast at the rear. It was working properly till recently: I can fill the ballast but I can’t empty it anymore. And when the switch on the dashboard is pushed on “empty” position there is no noise / I can’t hear any pump running while it was make some electric noise at the time the pump was draining the ballast.
    Is this boat set with a pump for filling and a separate one for draining the ballast or is it the same pump that fills and then empty? If it is a separate pump any idea on where this drain pump is located on the boat? If same pump then does anyone can tell me why it just fills but does not drain anymore?
    Any help is welcome!
    mathieu

Default 06' Outback ballast that does not empty anymore!

It has a separate pump to drain. Do you have the hard tank under the back seat, or a bag?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Glad to learn there is a separate pump, txs!
    I have a bag under the back seat.

Open gull wings and take floor out of ski locker. Pump is right there.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

thank you for the info Jack, now I know where to look for fixing this issue.
    By the way, as it seems you have a similar boat than mine, have you ever tried to set a second/third ballast on your boat for having a bigger wave? Was it successful or it is not worth doing it as it is a pure DD boat?
    Today's wave is OK for wakeboarding but kids want to to wakesurf now and wave is to small soft with current ballast + wake plate (+ DIY lateral flap). Any idea is welcome...

I've never tried wake surfing behind it. I ski and wakeboard. I did change the ballast bag out and put a 750# in. Back seat about has to stay home
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Throw a bag next to the dog house and a wakeshaper on it and you can surf. It won’t be amazing but it’s doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz