Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Is there a valve to open under the engine for oil to come out of that line?? I tried but nothing was coming out of the line. I looked everywhere for a valve to open but no luck. I have a 2010 LSV
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Archy View Post
    Is there a valve to open under the engine for oil to come out of that line?? I tried but nothing was coming out of the line. I looked everywhere for a valve to open but no luck. I have a 2010 LSV
    Thx
    It’s best to warm the engine oil and then use a suction extractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Just did my 1st oil change using quick drain hose.

Could not get pan to drain until cranking the trailer jack up as high as possible.

Took a couple of hours to drain all 8 quarts but otherwise a piece of cake.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Surf Edition

2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71
    5.3L V8
    Rough Country 3.5” Suspension Lift
    Helwig Springs

1999 Moomba Outback (sold)
    Gone but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerrnemt View Post
    I use the drain hose.... when I first bought mine I read a lot of people were getting their suction hose stuck inside the dipstick tube... also I never felt like sucking oil out through the dipstick would get as much of the old oil out as using the proper drain hose.

Here is my set up.... a 1/4” quick release male air hose adapter screws perfectly onto that drain hose and my oil extractor hose fits perfectly over that adapter... pretty slick set up.

Hey Tyler(?)
    I want to thank you for your suggestion. I winterized my Craz yesterday and using your idea I sucked out 8 qts of oil, very quickly. Previously using the dipstick I was only able to get 6 qts out. It bums me out that for 7 yrs I have only been putting on 6 qts of fresh oil, mixed with the remaining 2 qts of dirty oil! I couldn’t find you post last night and made my own post. Thanks again!