Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    I have check valves from Wakemakers. They work very marginally. And they don't stop the bag continuing to siphon water over the side.

I open the locker to verify the bags are full anyway. Easy to turn a valve when they are.
    Double this for the price I could have gotten a few from the local hardware store that worked as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 outbackv

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Sorry to hear, my customers do not experience this with our check valves.
    Which check valves do you use?
    2019 Supra SL450

The Bosworth (sold by wake makers) check valves are a rubber flapper style. They are prone to staying open because the rubber flapper learns some muscle memory. If there is direct positive flow against it, it will seat the flapper. if we are trying to just stop some passive drain pressure, it will flow right past that slightly cracked open rubber flapper.

They are not flapper or plunger type. Ive tested ever marine and many non-marine valves over the past 12 years.

They won't stop passive drain, regardless of which check valve it is, because the flow direction is from the bag out the vent. However, they don't do much when emptying the bag to keep air from flowing back into it from the vent. I still got a lot of air back into the bag - until I installed the ball valves.

And you still didn't say which valves you use that work so well.
    2019 Supra SL450

Default Bag fill/drain hose

Perhaps you’re mounting them backward? I don’t understand your comment. I am not sure why you want zero air back into the bag on draining...

I think he is saying that they will stop passive drain.....or there would be no reason to use them.

I believe Mike has a valve that is working for him. Mike has a crapload of experience more than any one of us yokels in this department, therefore I am inclined to believe what he says. He would have no incentive to make a false claim in this arena, since he installs ballast and sound for a living....

What valve it is? Not sure. Mike can answer that.

As far as the WM valves, I know some folks have good luck. I found them a little inconsistent on their release, so I just removed them to be safe. Certainly not a complete indictment of them, just what I decided to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Perhaps you’re mounting them backward? I don’t understand your comment. I am not sure why you want zero air back into the bag on draining...

I think he is saying that they will stop passive drain.....or there would be no reason to use them.
    If you are mounting them such that they stop passive draining, you are also not allowing them to vent, and may as well just cap the vent port on the bag and not use it. They should be mounted to allow flow overboard, or they are useless. The only reason to use one at all is to stop the air from backfilling the bag and allow a more complete drain.

I believe Mike has a valve that is working for him. Mike has a crapload of experience more than any one of us yokels in this department, therefore I am inclined to believe what he says. He would have no incentive to make a false claim in this arena, since he installs ballast and sound for a living....

What valve it is? Not sure. Mike can answer that.
    I didn't accuse him of lying. He implied he used a superior valve, and I asked what valve that was. He didn't answer the first time, so I asked again.
    Last edited by Shoebox; 09-26-2018 at 09:02 AM.
    2019 Supra SL450

Huh.......ok. I personally would primarily use check valves to prevent passive draining of a full bag. Since it directly impacts the surf experience in a negative way.

I don’t think anyone ever used them back in the day before bags got so big?

I get the best drain possible by running the drain pumps while the boat is nose high.

I guess Mike can speak for himself! He knows his doo doo.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Huh.......ok. I personally would primarily use check valves to prevent passive draining of a full bag. Since it directly impacts the surf experience in a negative way.

I don’t think anyone ever used them back in the day before bags got so big?

I get the best drain possible by running the drain pumps while the boat is nose high.

I guess Mike can speak for himself! He knows his doo doo.

How do your bags vent then?
    2019 Supra SL450

The check valves are designed to release at a little bit higher pressure point than the water exerts. From what I understand. So they’ll release with air but they will not release with water.

I guess I’m wrong possibly?