Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the input. Not necessarily looking for a comp vest but I am looking for something less bulky and more comfortable.
    2006 Mobius LSV
    New to boating and surfing

Quote Originally Posted by MGX View Post
    Thanks for the input. Not necessarily looking for a comp vest but I am looking for something less bulky and more comfortable.
    Most any of the pro rider model cga vests will fit your needs and not be too bulky.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I had the hyperlite comp vest, but it ripped out after one and a half seasons, on the hunt for a different one as well, I loved everything about it for using a surf vest though. Always use a CGA vest for wakeboarding, but like the thin light vests for surfing.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

We have both of these 2 different ones on the boat and both of them are less bulky than your regular life jackets.

They are both cut similar to a non-cga life jacket and everyone who comes on board and wears one of them end up asking about them.

https://www.evo.com/wakeboard-vests/...yglo-front.jpg

https://www.evo.com/wakeboard-vests/...oal-orange.jpg
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Billabong anarchy has been great. It’s my first and only comp vest but I really dislike wearing my other vests now. Feels plenty safe wakesurfing....slalom though, wore it and when I wrecked cutting across I came up and it was 3/4 unzipped.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Personally, I don’t see a point in wearing a comp vest unless you are truly riding at a pro level. If it don’t keep me afloat, I don’t want it. My USCG approved O’Neil is plenty comfortable. Just get a thin neoprene one and you will be good. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really like the Ronix One comp vests. I have had a couple and this is what I currently have.

If you don't like a comp vest, don't buy one. And mine floats me just fine. Whether I'm moving or not. Ya'll must just be sinkers!

They're comfortable, less bulky and I LOVE the ronix ones with the Glideskin coating on the outside. My vest doesn't absorb water and it's the FIRST vest that's dry while the rest of the sponges are soaked with water even after hanging up on the tower all night.

This is my previous RONIX One vest. It has LED lights that were along the zipper which was pretty badass for night surfing.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    We have both of these 2 different ones on the boat and both of them are less bulky than your regular life jackets.

They are both cut similar to a non-cga life jacket and everyone who comes on board and wears one of them end up asking about them.

https://www.evo.com/wakeboard-vests/...yglo-front.jpg

https://www.evo.com/wakeboard-vests/...oal-orange.jpg
    Those are pretty legit options. Nice finds.

So yeah, I wear a comp vest. And we got my wife a comp vest in a fundraiser auction, and she didn't like it. for her the lack of buoyancy when she was getting up surfing and such was enough that we went out and got her a nice/fashionable/comfortable USCG Ronix vest. so she's happier with that.

I like that USCG oneill though. I'm gonna pick one up. 20% off on Overton's labor day sale
    Last edited by trayson; 08-30-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Thanks again for more recommendations. Just have to find some of these North of the border at a decent price.
    2006 Mobius LSV
    New to boating and surfing

Check out Follow - way better then all the other comp vests. https://followwake.com
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo