Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Whatre the best ballast hoses?

I need quite a bit of new 3/4 ballast hoses for my boat and was wondering what the best kind and where I could buy it from? I was looking at the see through premium hose from bakes online at 1.50 per foot and was about to purchase but wanted to get some opinions from you guys first on whether I should just go w their hose or something else.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Quote Originally Posted by Leirhiht View Post
    I need quite a bit of new 3/4 ballast hoses for my boat and was wondering what the best kind and where I could buy it from? I was looking at the see through premium hose from bakes online at 1.50 per foot and was about to purchase but wanted to get some opinions from you guys first on whether I should just go w their hose or something else.
    WakeMAKERS has premium see through for $1.29/ft not counting forum discount.

https://www.wakemakers.com/premium-m...last-hose.html
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

The clear vinyl does seem to age better then the black hose. However what ever you go with, it should definitely be one that is coil reinforced, which can be found in both the black and clear varieties. The color of the coils, whether black, blue, green, gray or white, makes no difference.

Sounds like a considerable overhaul. Id consider upgrading to 1" hose and fittings, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The clear vinyl does seem to age better then the black hose. However what ever you go with, it should definitely be one that is coil reinforced, which can be found in both the black and clear varieties. The color of the coils, whether black, blue, green, gray or white, makes no difference.

Sounds like a considerable overhaul. Id consider upgrading to 1" hose and fittings, if possible.
    What will upgrading to 1" hose do? I have a 08 mobius lsv which has that slow sprinkler system rail. With that being said will upping to a 1" help pump/drain faster?
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    WakeMAKERS has premium see through for $1.29/ft not counting forum discount.

https://www.wakemakers.com/premium-m...last-hose.html
    Whaaat? Discount, I'm there!
    Thanks
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

What will upgrading to 1" hose do? I have a 08 mobius lsv which has that slow sprinkler system rail. With that being said will upping to a 1" help pump/drain faster?
    Upgrading to 1" hose and fittings can improve flow rate by reducing dead pressure. Sadly, hose alone wont make mush of a difference if the rest of the restrictions are left in place. Partly, cause you can crimp 1" hose down to a 3/4 fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Upgrading to 1" hose and fittings can improve flow rate by reducing dead pressure. Sadly, hose alone wont make mush of a difference if the rest of the restrictions are left in place. Partly, cause you can crimp 1" hose down to a 3/4 fitting.
    Now if I upgraded the hose you say I'd have to up grade the barbs at the end of the hoses, does this mean I'd also have to upgrade the fittings on the bags as well?
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Also if you ever upgrade your pumps (which you should because it is life changing) you won't have to do the hoses again.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Also if you ever upgrade your pumps (which you should because it is life changing) you won't have to do the hoses again.
    Ya I thought about it but didnt want to spend 1000. Maybe after I get the boat fixed of this damn stuttering issue I've been having since 2016! I've stumped the whole forum with this issue. Replaced so many parts and I still have it happening while on the lake...
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Now if I upgraded the hose you say I'd have to up grade the barbs at the end of the hoses, does this mean I'd also have to upgrade the fittings on the bags as well?
    Yes. In order to gain any flow increase, you have to up the smallest passage. This is typically fitting as the sac/tank. Just increasing the hose, offers no benefit. Besides, you cant effectively crimp 1" hose down on to a 3/4" fitting.