Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

that Google doc was amazing RC_Hinojosa!!!

I've got an '18 Craz and plan to do my winterization at the end of Sept/beg of Oct. Being up North (MN), I do have the wonderful feature of heat on my boat...anyone know how to winterize the heater?

I've seen people suggest using the Strainer/Flushing device when using anti-freeze after the engine is drained. Question on that...do you get enough push from the bucket of anti-freeze to get it sucked through the system, or is there a shut-off valve I need to utilize to create the vacuum (bypassing the water port at the bottom of the boat). Otherwise, I'll just use a fake-a-lake.

Also - my brother-in-law has a Malibu, and for his ballasts he just runs them for a bit after the bags are empty to ensure the that the pump dries out. Since water doesn't sit in pump (yes?), I think I'll go with that instead of running anti-freeze through the bags.

Thoughts?
    2018 Moomba Craz + 500#
    2006 Four Winn H190
    Gull Lake

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you do not have to winterize the heaters on the Raptor as they use the closed loop cooling whereas the other style heater core that uses water from the engine had to be drained and blown out.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by Kraimz15 View Post
    that Google doc was amazing RC_Hinojosa!!!

I've got an '18 Craz and plan to do my winterization at the end of Sept/beg of Oct. Being up North (MN), I do have the wonderful feature of heat on my boat...anyone know how to winterize the heater?

I've seen people suggest using the Strainer/Flushing device when using anti-freeze after the engine is drained. Question on that...do you get enough push from the bucket of anti-freeze to get it sucked through the system, or is there a shut-off valve I need to utilize to create the vacuum (bypassing the water port at the bottom of the boat). Otherwise, I'll just use a fake-a-lake.

Also - my brother-in-law has a Malibu, and for his ballasts he just runs them for a bit after the bags are empty to ensure the that the pump dries out. Since water doesn't sit in pump (yes?), I think I'll go with that instead of running anti-freeze through the bags.

Thoughts?
    Water will sit on either side of the pump if there isn't a way the remaining water will gravity flow away from the intake or outlet. Have the lines coming out of the pump lower than the pump itself. You only need a 10% void for expansion.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Water will sit on either side of the pump if there isn't a way the remaining water will gravity flow away from the intake or outlet. Have the lines coming out of the pump lower than the pump itself. You only need a 10% void for expansion.

Raptor heater does not use water, it uses the coolant from the engine. It is in the closed loop with the engine.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Bags use the pumps though.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

He asked about the heater...to do bags, simply disconnect the bags and turn pumps to drain to flush out any water
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

Thanks for the discussion! I've also confirmed with Indmar as well (thanks KnowMojo) that the heater is part of the closed loop system, so it's already pumped full of antifreeze.
    2018 Moomba Craz + 500#
    2006 Four Winn H190
    Gull Lake

I have a 16 craz and have 3 blue drain points and I haven’t yet removed the cover for the raw water pump or replaced the impeller . How often are you supposed to replace it .

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    I have a 16 craz and have 3 blue drain points and I haven’t yet removed the cover for the raw water pump or replaced the impeller . How often are you supposed to replace it .
    According to Indmar, replace it annually...

https://3hrrn17xcv6279hr9jo4stbt-wpe...nce-Chart1.pdf
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    It’s cheap. Replace it every year.