Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Shaper in right spot, at back lowest portion of non surf side. I will say I was little off on speed in that pic and was able to get it better with speed, just didnt get pic. The shaper was a little better thg han surf tab, could tell small diff.
    When you say "lowest portion", do you mean just above the bottom of the boat, or just above the body line at the back of the boat?
    2019 Supra SL450

Lowest portion of the boat, just above the bottom. It was fully submerged. Like I said, I think my speed was a little slow when I took the pic, which is my fault. It did get better, but its still weak. I think its the 500lb bow weight like most mentioned(and board prob too). Hopefully the 750 IBS will fix it up. I did notice my speed was off when I checked with a GPS, but honestly we have played with the speed a lot to find the ideal speed, regardless of how fast/slow it may be.
    2019 Moomba Max

Can't help on the wave shape, but can second Moombamarc's comment about the board -

"Once I bought a skim 2 fin style board I can ride no problem in the wave no rope."

I have tried a few boards behind my Outback V, the skim style board I have settled on is much faster than the others meaning I don't need to rearrange everyone on the boat to get a wave I can stay on, it gets the best out of whatever wave we get on the day.

Try and borrow a very flat skim style board with sharp rather than rounded edges and small fins. I am still very much a beginner but find it much easier to hold the pocket and recover even on waves well below knee height.

If you find a 2 minute video 'Moomba outback v, wakesurf progress' that's me finally getting the hang of bouncing with my weight on the front foot to recover on a very modest (mid calf) wake.

Whilst I don't have huge experience, the surf style boards seem to need a more refined pumping technique than the basic 'lean on the front and bounce up and down' that will recover a skim style board.

Also the few surf style boards I have tried have a lot more fin surface which generates so much drag it feels like the brakes are on - no doubt in the right hands they work, but for instant smiles, try a super flat, sharp edged skim style board - just don't leave it black side up in the sun ;-(

Duane.

Lowest portion of the boat, just above the bottom. It was fully submerged. Like I said, I think my speed was a little slow when I took the pic, which is my fault. It did get better, but its still weak. I think its the 500lb bow weight like most mentioned(and board prob too). Hopefully the 750 IBS will fix it up. I did notice my speed was off when I checked with a GPS, but honestly we have played with the speed a lot to find the ideal speed, regardless of how fast/slow it may be.
    That's too low. Put it basically where mine is in the pic, with the blade somewhere around the M or O in Mojo, just above the step body line.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    That's too low. Put it basically where mine is in the pic, with the blade somewhere around the M or O in Mojo, just above the step body line.
    Yep....that would be a problem. I had one on my 05. Not only did the wake change, but I had issues with it popping off. Fill the boat, then put it about 2” above the water line. Bow weight is also going to make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

I have a different model, but for reference, we get our best wave at this location. Pretty much under rear cleat and just below hull ridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Mobius LSV, V2 Tower, 1100lbs regular side,
    750lbs goofy, 370lbs ski locker, 750lbs bow,
    flow surf (don't use it thanks to suck gate)

Sounds like it simply comes down to weight...so ill look into the ibs. Was hoping not to dtop more money since i just upgraded, but seems like only way. Weve been trying in about 30ft of water. And im putting weight on front foot, had friend try to that surfs. Id like smaller board like those mentioned, but feel like its weight issue. Figured 2700 lbs would do it.....
    Thanks again guys for the advise.
    I waited until Black Friday and I think Wakemakers had 25% off on the bags. That's when I purchased.
    2015 Mojo Surf

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Powertail is a good board. If I had it to do over again, I'd get the Blender or Powertail over the Potbelly Rocket. The Rocket is faster/more push, but the rocker shape limits what you can do on it.
    Ok so I'm going to revise my opinion here. I removed the center fin on the Rocket, and it's a different board. Able to spin it too, which I didn't think was possible with the rocker shape. Super fun, and by far the fastest board I've ridden.

Also had a chance to ride a buddy's Doomswell Nubstep 4'8". What a fun board! Not for beginners, but damn that thing was fun to ride.
    2019 Supra SL450

FYI there's a Tsunami pump for sale on the Moomba/Supra FB page for $100 shipped obo.
    2019 Supra SL450

Koal Classic Fish is what I use. Almost surfs itself and I'm 225.
    '19 Moomba Max