Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    My board is on the larger end, its a Cwb ride, 5'2. Im about 190lbs. Really didnt want bags on seat, floor. Guess thats gonna be the only option though.
    There is a reason most all the new boats in the Moomba line are coming with plumbed in bow bags. Do this, invite 6 to 8 adults out, sit 3 of them in the bow and the rest to the surf side. Fill your rears to about 3/4. Verify your speed using gps and use the bottom position on the surf tab, trim all the way up then tap down to clean it up, but not much. You will have a good wave. These boats are not meant to surf with 2 or 3 people, but if that is what you want to do, you have to add the ballast to even the boat out. All the other advice is good with boards and foot placement, but really, build your wave first then play with boards. Even my slowest Liquid Force Fish is fast on a powerful wave. Good luck!!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    There is a reason most all the new boats in the Moomba line are coming with plumbed in bow bags. Do this, invite 6 to 8 adults out, sit 3 of them in the bow and the rest to the surf side. Fill your rears to about 3/4. Verify your speed using gps and use the bottom position on the surf tab, trim all the way up then tap down to clean it up, but not much. You will have a good wave. These boats are not meant to surf with 2 or 3 people, but if that is what you want to do, you have to add the ballast to even the boat out. All the other advice is good with boards and foot placement, but really, build your wave first then play with boards. Even my slowest Liquid Force Fish is fast on a powerful wave. Good luck!!
    Karl, this is the guy that got me setup, he knows his stuff.

Moomba
    Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by fordbrent1 View Post
    Karl, this is the guy that got me setup, he knows his stuff.

Moomba
    Mojo
    I am glad we got you figured out. It is a lot more fun when you're not struggling every time out to find that perfect wave. It is all a formula, the key is replicating it, and it sounds like you have done that.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Thanks for advice guys. We usually just have 3 of us, one being s kid. So we are running light. I will consider it all. Sounds like more bow weight best place to start. Just really didnt want bag on floor or seat....guess i could put under seat, but still gotta buy pump. Thanks again.
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Thanks for advice guys. We usually just have 3 of us, one being s kid. So we are running light. I will consider it all. Sounds like more bow weight best place to start. Just really didnt want bag on floor or seat....guess i could put under seat, but still gotta buy pump. Thanks again.
    Wakemakers has what is called an ibs, integrated bow sack. It goes under the bow seats. Call them, they will get you set up that it piggy backs off of your center tank and runs on the same switch. The tank fills, then the bag. Makes life so much easier.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

Another thing to check before spending more $$$ is the water depth. I didn’t think I saw it in your post. For us 10-12 feet we lose the push. 15 feet or deeper is preferred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Mobius LSV, V2 Tower, 1100lbs regular side,
    750lbs goofy, 370lbs ski locker, 750lbs bow,
    flow surf (don't use it thanks to suck gate)

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Wakemakers has what is called an ibs, integrated bow sack. It goes under the bow seats. Call them, they will get you set up that it piggy backs off of your center tank and runs on the same switch. The tank fills, then the bag. Makes life so much easier.
    Yep, this option is the only way to go. No bags on the seat or floor. Wakemakers is awesome to work with. They have all the goods to get you set up.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Sp8 View Post
    Another thing to check before spending more $$$ is the water depth. I didn’t think I saw it in your post. For us 10-12 feet we lose the push. 15 feet or deeper is preferred.

Yes!!! Great point. Under 15’ and the wave is basically nonexistent.

2017 Moomba Craz

I have to second Stazi, I have the IS James Walker and its a great board.
    One thing to mention when surfing is when wanting to get forward push, you need to lean forward, meaning, shift your hips forward, not just piush down on your front foot. Many people lean back and push down on the forward foot and complain they cant get push. I was surfing with my brother in law in his Mastercraft a couple days ago and the same thing. I could see him in the rear view mirror, his body and hips were leaning back but he kept telling me he was pushing down on front foot, could not let go of rope. No matter how many times I told him to shift his hips forward, he just could not do it. He is a snowboarder and naturally going down hill your instinct is to lean back and he just could not get it.

Maintain an erect athletic comfortable stance, no need to squat, slight comfortable bend of the knees, shift your hips/pelvis forward and you'll get it.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I have a 2015 Mojo and thanks to Knox I was able to dial it in. I fill port full, bow bag about 50% (fill the middle full) and starboard 50%. I also bought some 500lb bags, one full on port seat (rear) and one full in the floor port. That adds another 1000lbs. The Mojo needs weight. You have to list the boat some. It took me 1 full season to get it dialed in. Weight, weight, weight. When we have extra people, they sit port rear to list some more. We all surf regular not goofy.

I didn't add any lead weights because I have to trailer my boat and boatmate didn't recommend it.
    2015 Mojo Surf