Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pslitty View Post
    Leave my Ferrari alone Stazi! I’m gonna have to start locking it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the Marshmallow as hostage!

2017 Moomba Craz

Default Cant drop the rope with upgraded 1140s

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I regularly run 3000 - 3500 in my 23' XLV and get a wave I've been really happy with. So I expected the Max to put out at least similar with 3k. It was half the height and no push the way they had it setup.
    You have no surf system. Different formula. Remove Flow from that max and list it like your XLV and you’ll have what you’re used to.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    You have no surf system. Different formula. Remove Flow from that max and list it like your XLV and you’ll have what you’re used to.

But I use the suck gate. That's basically a surf system...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Well then never mind.

How does the bottom side surface area of the Max compared to your boat?

Did you say the boat was set up correctly? Setting the tabs incorrectly can make it terrible.

Have you done much riding behind a newer bigger heavy boat with a correctly set up surf system and been happy? That would be a good comparison test.

Do you still list, or weight even? (With suckgate)

Well then never mind.

How does the bottom side surface area of the Max compared to your boat?

Did you say the boat was set up correctly? Setting the tabs incorrectly can make it terrible.

Have you done much riding behind a newer bigger heavy boat with a correctly set up surf system and been happy? That would be a good comparison test.

They put autowake on 100% ballast, 100% amplitude and surf left. My guess is that they had the tabs deployed too much and that lifted the stern and killed the push.

Obviously most the time is on my boat, but I've spent a good amount of time surfing a 2015 G23 with 3k of stock ballast and honestly expected something like that. The G23 wave is not as tall as mine, and it's not as clean (it has a crease towards the top of the wave), but it is longer. It has plenty of push and that's basically what I was thinking I'd get from the Max. Longer, reasonable push, but not as tall. I'll see what happens if/when I ride another one.

Do you still list, or weight even? (With suckgate)

Oh I most certainly list it. I've got 1000+ pounds more on the port side than I do on the starboard. The suck gate makes it cleaner, and overall nicer.

So, sure, apples to oranges somewhat, but I still expected that with 3000 pounds that surfing the Max would be better than an exercise in frustration/disappointment. (and you can trust that I've got the board and rider skill aspects covered, so it was most certainly the wave that time)
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

They put autowake on 100% ballast, 100% amplitude and surf left. My guess is that they had the tabs deployed too much and that lifted the stern and killed the push.

Obviously most the time is on my boat, but I've spent a good amount of time surfing a 2015 G23 with 3k of stock ballast and honestly expected something like that. The G23 wave is not as tall as mine, and it's not as clean (it has a crease towards the top of the wave), but it is longer. It has plenty of push and that's basically what I was thinking I'd get from the Max. Longer, reasonable push, but not as tall. I'll see what happens if/when I ride another one.

Oh I most certainly list it. I've got 1000+ pounds more on the port side than I do on the starboard. The suck gate makes it cleaner, and overall nicer.

So, sure, apples to oranges somewhat, but I still expected that with 3000 pounds that surfing the Max would be better than an exercise in frustration/disappointment. (and you can trust that I've got the board and rider skill aspects covered, so it was most certainly the wave that time)
    Got it. So you are indeed mostly listing your boat. I did the same with a suckgate on my Tige 24Ve few years back. So you are not doing the same thing as a level weighted boat or nearly level weighted.

100% amp and 100% ballast doesn't mean anything.....kind of redundant info technically. If you fill 100% ballast, there would be no way to have less than 100% amp. --I think-- Anyway, the setting of the surf tab and most importantly the center tab is vital. Surf tab should be somewhere between 45-65 and the center tab should be ZERO or as close to it as possible. If it was even above 25....it becomes a wave crushing machine. And the last variable--speed. I see lots and lots of slow a** speeds. 11.6 or above the wave typically becomes a rock. Boat needs to be at 9-10 degrees nose up, and 3 degrees to the regular side.

I am leveraging Makai experience as a disclaimer....that is my only Flow 2.0 experience. All other is GSA and Swell 2.0. But the principles have held throughout.

I am sure the stock max can do lots better. But that being said, the modified/ballasted max will likely make you sport wood.
    Last edited by dakota4ce; 09-07-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Got it. So you are indeed mostly listing your boat. I did the same with a suckgate on my Tige 24Ve few years back. So you are not doing the same thing as a level weighted boat or nearly level weighted.

100% amp and 100% ballast doesn't mean anything.....kind of redundant info technically. If you fill 100% ballast, there would be no way to have less than 100% amp. --I think-- Anyway, the setting of the surf tab and most importantly the center tab is vital. Surf tab should be somewhere between 45-65 and the center tab should be ZERO or as close to it as possible. If it was even above 25....it becomes a wave crushing machine. And the last variable--speed. I see lots and lots of slow a** speeds. 11.6 or above the wave typically becomes a rock. Boat needs to be at 9-10 degrees nose up, and 3 degrees to the regular side.

I am leveraging Makai experience as a disclaimer....that is my only Flow 2.0 experience. All other is GSA and Swell 2.0. But the principles have held throughout.

I am sure the stock max can do lots better. But that being said, the modified/ballasted max will likely make you sport wood.
    I approve this message.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I approve this message.
    🤣🤣

100% amp and 100% ballast doesn't mean anything.....kind of redundant info technically. If you fill 100% ballast, there would be no way to have less than 100% amp. --I think--
    Dakota, you can have 100% ballast and not be at 1000 on amplitude, I have seen it every time out. Now if you want 100 amplitude, that's all the available amplitude. For instance, I had 8 people on the boat Friday, amplitude was at 1000 with half 3/4 ballast. I set autowake for 65% of that for a mellower wake. Today, with 4 on the boat, amplitude was around 600 with full ballast. The numbers get confusing. But amplitude is measured 0-1000 then that top number is 0-100 for what percent you want of that amplitude. The idea is to keep the same shape of waves and wakes as you dial the percentage of amplitude up and down but they get smaller or bigger as you go up or down.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold