Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Cant drop the rope with upgraded 1140s

Just upgraded my rear bags to 1140s. Still have factory bow tank, manual surf tabs. Tried various speeds, wake plate adjustments, still can drop the rope. Any suggestions? Shouldnt this be enough weight?
    Thanks
    2019 Moomba Max

What speed are you running? Are you able to surf ropeless on any other boat?

If not and you are still learning to surf, I can tell you that foot placement on the board is HUGELY important. Your front foot, especially, should be placed close to the toe side edge of the board. Also your weight should be over your front knee.

Most new riders ride a surfboard like a wakeboard with their weight on their back foot and depend entirely on being pulled by the rope.

You need to be able to ride by the push of the wave only,

Would help to have pics and video (especially) of your wave both with and without you riding on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stazi; 08-27-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    2017 Moomba Craz

I run 1140s in the back I also do a bow bag with 1000 lbs in the front and a 750 under the surf side. It works well if I have 1 or 2 ppl sit on that side as well. When I added bow weight I was able to drop the rope, prior to that it was pretty tough.

We surf with the manual tab in the lowest position, 11.4-11.7 gives me the most push. A lot of ppl run slower than that. I clean up the face with the trim.

Moomba
    Mojo

Ive varied speed from about 10 to 11.5. Have not surfed before, but have friend that has and he has issues too. Im in the sweet spot, as rope gets slack briefly, but quickly loose the slack. Do I really need another 1k lbs to surf? No pics, sorry.
    2019 Moomba Max

I was thinking the same way you were. I tried everything until I added more bow weight and it was like bam right away.

I wished I had done it sooner. I got the tip from a guy on here.

Moomba
    Mojo

what board are you using ?
    I thought weight was the answer & I tried "another board" -& it is ALOT faster , which in turn gave me a lot of push
    I am 6'2 230
    instagram
    Mine -Crazy888smokey
    The Moomba's -SauceySacs

Youtube -George Henry

2017 Moomba Helix
    Just a guy & boat & girl & a couple of Fat Sac's & a ton of BEER ...trying to surf!!

My board is on the larger end, its a Cwb ride, 5'2. Im about 190lbs. Really didnt want bags on seat, floor. Guess thats gonna be the only option though.
    2019 Moomba Max

That CWB board sux. Sorry but it’s the truth. You should look at another more buoyant (surf style) and faster board.

I’m 6’2” and 210 and the CWB Ride is a board I would basically need to hang 5 on to stay in the pocket.

Look for a large sleek surf board something like a Phase 5 Aku or a Inland Surfer Red Rocket. Something with fast lines, hard rails and some good rocker on it.

The board makes a huge difference especially when you a big guy like me. The Aku for me is like a Ferrari and one of my favorites. It is quite loose and very responsive, so it will be a big difference to what you have now.

If you can get pics at some point post them, otherwise it’s a crap shoot.

2017 Moomba Craz

You ever ride the ronix powertail?

Moomba
    Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by fordbrent1 View Post
    You ever ride the ronix powertail?

Moomba
    Mojo
    My son has the kids version and he likes it. I haven’t ridden the adult one myself. It looks like it should be decent, but the Ronix Technora Lunatic looks like an exact copy of the Inland Surfer James Walker, and that board (the IS) that my buddy has, kicks ass!

2017 Moomba Craz