Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    but I still expected that with 3000 pounds that surfing the Max would be better than an exercise in frustration/disappointment. (and you can trust that I've got the board and rider skill aspects covered, so it was most certainly the wave that time)
    My initial thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Amplitude is measured by the draft sensor, so if there are enough bodies on the boat you can achieve 100% with less than a 100% ballast.

If it my boat I never go Less than 100% ballast regardless of how Many or few people on the boat

2017 Moomba Craz

Default Cant drop the rope with upgraded 1140s

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Amplitude is measured by the draft sensor, so if there are enough bodies on the boat you can achieve 100% with less than a 100% ballast.

If it my boat I never go Less than 100% ballast regardless of how Many or few people on the boat

Same here. Never partial fill.

I see how you could have less than 100. In this scenario I don’t think it matters. They had 100% ballast. I think setting the 100 amp preset just means it would never empty much ballast to achieve Autowake....yes? No?

But the boat not surfing basically at all is messed up. Autowake does not exercise any control over tabs.

Last edited by dakota4ce; 09-07-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Dakota, you can have 100% ballast and not be at 1000 on amplitude, I have seen it every time out. Now if you want 100 amplitude, that's all the available amplitude. For instance, I had 8 people on the boat Friday, amplitude was at 1000 with half 3/4 ballast. I set autowake for 65% of that for a mellower wake. Today, with 4 on the boat, amplitude was around 600 with full ballast. The numbers get confusing. But amplitude is measured 0-1000 then that top number is 0-100 for what percent you want of that amplitude. The idea is to keep the same shape of waves and wakes as you dial the percentage of amplitude up and down but they get smaller or bigger as you go up or down.
    My Makai I think achieves close to full amp with full ballast.....but I have 4000 factory and lead in boat. Maybe the SA doesn’t get there with full factory ballast....

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    My Makai I think achieves close to full amp with full ballast.....but I have 4000 factory and lead in boat. Maybe the SA doesn’t get there with full factory ballast....

Correct, full ballast and 3 people in the boat, it is around 600. Full ballast with 8 and it was at 1000. I will try to find the break even 1000 point. The Makai weighs the same as the SA with 500 pounds more ballast and how ever much lead you are running.

But was just saying amplitude 1000 and ballast 100 aren't the same thing. All good.

And yeah, those Max tabs more than likely were not set right.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Correct, full ballast and 3 people in the boat, it is around 600. Full ballast with 8 and it was at 1000. I will try to find the break even 1000 point. The Makai weighs the same as the SA with 500 pounds more ballast and how ever much lead you are running.

But was just saying amplitude 1000 and ballast 100 aren't the same thing. All good.

And yeah, those Max tabs more than likely were not set right.
    I added the disclaimer that I was leveraging Makai experience. In the fine print! 🤣

I bet they cranked the surf tab to 100% deployment thinking that means the biggest wave.

A lot of people make that incorrect assumption about the surf tabs.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I added the disclaimer that I was leveraging Makai experience. In the fine print!

Nice Facebook post on that surf session.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Tried the advice of running at 11.4-6 this week and wow, great advice. Lengthened the wave and I was able to take the wake plate from 100 to 0 as well. So basically it kept the great push I was getting at the lower speed and the plate at zero without a super tall and steep wave which I was mitigating by moving the wake plate to a 100 and losing a bit of push to shorten and lengthen the wave. Much appreciation for the advice. All my buddies (old mondo and old xlv suckgaters) all run low 10s so I figured that’s what I should be doing.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Yes. I've played with different feet positions on the board and that is basically the way I am riding. I upgraded to the 750 IBS and took the new Powertail out yesterday. It was better, but still can't drop the rope for very long. Also, the pocket is still really close to the deck. My friend that surfs came out and had the same issue. We had better results with the manual surf tabs than the wake shaper, but I was still putting it below water line at the rear(didn't read those suggestions till today). I will try moving the shaper around more tomorrow if we get to go out. We tried different speeds as well, seemed best around 12.5. I've got the speedo pretty close with a gps as well. I feel like I've done everything I can and tried the suggestions, but its still not that great. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow too.
    2019 Moomba Max