Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Just upgraded my rear bags to 1140s. Still have factory bow tank, manual surf tabs. Tried various speeds, wake plate adjustments, still can drop the rope. Any suggestions? Shouldnt this be enough weight?
    Thanks
    Yes, that should be plenty of weight. Are you surfing correctly? Go through the August pictures and take note of how all the people are standing that are rope less. I snagged a pic from trayson .......

Are your toes that close to the wave or are your heels closer to the edge of the board than your toes?

Are you leaning forward like she is or back like every other watersport?

Her hips are a little open to the boat in this pic ... but ideally she would be able to touch the top of the wave with her left hand.

I think bc it looks so easy, and it's moving so slow, a lot of new people expect the boat and board to do all the work. That's no fun!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

^^^^ This.
    Rider ability is way under rated. People are quick to point to ballast 1st, then board 2nd. I can tell you that I too was frustrated w/short ropeless runs even after upgrading ballast AND board. Then started paying more attention to my foot position and how I ride. Moving your lead foot closer to the inside rail helps a lot and get out of the habit of trying to ride stationary in a pocket. Work on carving and as you become more proficient at it you'll find that your ability to ride w/o the rope will improve dramatically. Then you can find a pocket (there are usually at least 2 of them) and cruise there if you choose to. Ballast and board selection are important but rider skill is equally (and in some cases more) important. I have a doomswell neo and a cwb ride. and can ride either board as long as I wish now where before I'd get frustrated w/the cwb board. I actually kinda like the board now.

Oh, and a tip for boat setup for those of us w/o autowake that did help for me... (assuming you have an iphone available) The compass app has an inclinometer. find a flat spot on your boat and use this app to check for your pitch and roll. I try to target a 10deg pitch and 4deg roll for goofy and -2deg roll for regular. This may not apply for a boat w/o surf tabs, and you may need more roll w/o them, but i'd guess if you're running much more pitch than 10deg you need more bow weight or less rear weight.
    Last edited by Pound; 09-07-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Yes, that should be plenty of weight. Are you surfing correctly? Go through the August pictures and take note of how all the people are standing that are rope less. I snagged a pic from trayson .......

Are your toes that close to the wave or are your heels closer to the edge of the board than your toes?

Are you leaning forward like she is or back like every other watersport?

Her hips are a little open to the boat in this pic ... but ideally she would be able to touch the top of the wave with her left hand.

I think bc it looks so easy, and it's moving so slow, a lot of new people expect the boat and board to do all the work. That's no fun!
    Completely agree. That's not to say that a wave can't suck, because ironically in this pic we were riding the wave of a Moomba Max and I think they had their tabs deployed too far and it was lifting the stern and creating a clean wave with no push. In this picture, she was doing everything she could to stay in the wave before getting dropped. So it is certainly possible to be doing about everything right and have a weaksauce wave. (I don't think that's the case with the OP though). I was finally able to stay in the wave (with great effort) by carving it to generate my own speed, but my rider ability was certainly about the only thing that even gave me a fighting chance.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Completely agree. That's not to say that a wave can't suck, because ironically in this pic we were riding the wave of a Moomba Max and I think they had their tabs deployed too far and it was lifting the stern and creating a clean wave with no push. In this picture, she was doing everything she could to stay in the wave before getting dropped. So it is certainly possible to be doing about everything right and have a weaksauce wave. (I don't think that's the case with the OP though). I was finally able to stay in the wave (with great effort) by carving it to generate my own speed, but my rider ability was certainly about the only thing that even gave me a fighting chance.
    Looks like they probably cranked to tabs to 100% thinking that give the biggest wave which is definitely not the case. You can tell by how flat the wave is right behind the boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Looks like they probably cranked to tabs to 100% thinking that give the biggest wave which is definitely not the case. You can tell by how flat the wave is right behind the boat.

Yeah, as far as I know they told Autowake 100% ballast, 100% amplitude. It was underwhelming and frustrating to say the least. I might get out on another Max at somepoint. I'd like to see if it can produce a decent wave with just 3k ballast.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Yeah, as far as I know they told Autowake 100% ballast, 100% amplitude. It was underwhelming and frustrating to say the least. I might get out on another Max at somepoint. I'd like to see if it can produce a decent wave with just 3k ballast.
    Following this.

One would think 3k would be enough.
    I'm all in for max ballast, but 3k is a lot for a decent size wake.

Was that a demo ride or a friend's boat?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Following this.

It was a couple local guys that own a Max that have it up for sale. I chatted him up a bit but said that it probably wasn't realistic for me to pull the trigger on their Max, but that I'd love to get out with them sometime and learn a bit about the boat. The one owner seems like he felt it was more of a demo though.

That said, the wakeboard wake on the Max delivered. No complaints there.

The sales guy at AWS might get me out again on another Max, so of course I'll report back if/when that happens.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Following this.

An almost 23’ boat with 3000#? I would say that’s never going to deliver an amazing wave. That is not enough weight. There’s no cheating physics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    An almost 23’ boat with 3000#? I would say that’s never going to deliver an amazing wave. That is not enough weight. There’s no cheating physics.

I regularly run 3000 - 3500 in my 23' XLV and get a wave I've been really happy with. So I expected the Max to put out at least similar with 3k. It was half the height and no push the way they had it setup.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    That CWB board sux. Sorry but it’s the truth. You should look at another more buoyant (surf style) and faster board.

I’m 6’2” and 210 and the CWB Ride is a board I would basically need to hang 5 on to stay in the pocket.

Look for a large sleek surf board something like a Phase 5 Aku or a Inland Surfer Red Rocket. Something with fast lines, hard rails and some good rocker on it.

The board makes a huge difference especially when you a big guy like me. The Aku for me is like a Ferrari and one of my favorites. It is quite loose and very responsive, so it will be a big difference to what you have now.

If you can get pics at some point post them, otherwise it’s a crap shoot.

Leave my Ferrari alone Stazi! I’m gonna have to start locking it up!

Jason - 2008 Mobius XLV
    Wakemakers wave control surf system
    Gravity 3 ballast system
    1180 center bag
    2 rear 1100 bags
    Perfect pass gps
    Stazigate 2.0