Default Trailer dragging/hot wheel

So I've noticed my '07 Boatmate seems to be dragging lately. I noticed today one of the wheels, lugs, and hub was hot to the touch. I've had the brake system checked after I had to replace the axle in '13.

Anyone have experiences like this or know what it could be?
    Jr.
    '08 Outback V

Check your bearings. Either you'll need to replace oil (oil bath) or relube (grease fittings). If it's getting hot, they'll fail and you'll lose the wheel on the highway.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

Is it super hot at the center of the axle/hub cap? If so could be a failing wheel bearing and must be replaced ASAP. Don’t dick around with this: get it fixed immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Today there was a few pics on Facebook of this - wheels completely off.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

If it’s dragging it’s most likely a stuck caliber

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    If it’s dragging it’s most likely a stuck caliber
    Agreed. This happened twice on my 2008 trailer over 10 years of ownership. If the wheel is covered in brake dust that definitely the issue.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Put the trailer on jack stands and grab the wheel at the 3 o clock and 9 o clock positions and try to wiggle side by side. There should be almost no noticeable play. Repeat this at the 12 o clock and 6 o clock positions. If there is no play then your wheel bearings should be good. Next try to turn the wheel. It doesnt spin freely then inspect the brake caliper. Good brakes 5 years ago does not mean good brakes today.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Seems to be brake than hub. Wanted to troubleshoot the brakes today but had some electrical issues last night that took priority.

Just in case, anyone have experience in changing out the inners of the surge system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jr.
    '08 Outback V

I replaced my surge unit a few years back when I did all new bearings and brakes. They’re not too bad. Bleeding is about the only tricky part. Just takes patience.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Put the trailer on jack stands and grab the wheel at the 3 o clock and 9 o clock positions and try to wiggle side by side. There should be almost no noticeable play. Repeat this at the 12 o clock and 6 o clock positions. If there is no play then your wheel bearings should be good. Next try to turn the wheel. It doesnt spin freely then inspect the brake caliper. Good brakes 5 years ago does not mean good brakes today.
    My brakes on the Mojo only lasted 3 years, had to replace them in 16 before the trip to GA, since we have arrived in GA i bet I have only pulled that trailer 10 miles LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]