Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That sounds like a good formula and technique, although I don’t think it’s super applicable to this particular scenario. We’re talking about basically new boats here? If you waited five years to purchase your wake surfing boat you would be a millennium behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    You're speculating the market will stay the same as it has been for the last five years but that is unusual. The boat market has been down or flat more than up in the last 18 years. I buy when the market is down and a general rule I use is half the MSRP. 2009-2010 were great years to buy and you could sell later and get close to the same price you paid.
    50% MSRP for a 2018 with 75 hours??? where do I sign?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Hopefully the economy tanks like in 2009 because I need to get a few things myself.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default What's this boat worth?

Hopefully the economy tanks like in 2009 because I need to get a few things myself.
    Wishing something like this is about the biggest dickhead statement I have read in quite a while. I hope it was a joke?

Let’s just assume it was!

It was. I didn't take in account the audience and the level of complexity my statement can be.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default What's this boat worth?

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Wishing something like this is about the biggest dickhead statement I have read in quite a while. I hope it was a joke?

Let’s just assume it was!

FTR, I took it as sarcasm as well as the 50% MSRP after 1 year lol.

An $80k SL550 sounds amazing!!!!
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 09-27-2018 at 03:02 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Okay! Sorry for getting triggered! LOL

You're speculating the market will stay the same as it has been for the last five years but that is unusual. The boat market has been down or flat more than up in the last 18 years. I buy when the market is down and a general rule I use is half the MSRP. 2009-2010 were great years to buy and you could sell later and get close to the same price you paid.
    Whaaaat? Hope it stays the same.

I do not read boating market publications, I know the i/o market never recovered from the crash around 2008. Pontoons have sold like crazy. Wake boats and jet boats are everywhere.

For the last 10 years, not sure what 20 years would be.
    https://www.nmma.org/press/article/21974

SC makes a limited number of boats. Smaller number of units than MCs or BUs. Laws of supply/demand. Lower produced units will hold used and new boat sales to be stronger than a flooded market.

With no wars, terror attacks, and a good business economy, stocks are hitting highs, why wouldn't the economy stay the same. And the same with boat sales.

When you find 1/2 off MSRP, call me. I will take the new $80k SL with every option they have. Might not have a job, house will have decreased in value, 401k will be worthless, but I will have that new boat. Ha ha.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 09-27-2018 at 11:08 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400