Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    Thx for that. I can’t figure out why they include a shim for the LSV. Where the transom meets the bottom there’s a long flat section that would be perfect for the hinges. Not sure why I couldn’t use the same piano hinges you used.

Looking at your transom, the shape above the flat could make it tough to get an actuator to work. How much room do you have outboard of the swim step bracket mounting surface for the hinge? You'd have to be creative with the tab shape too, to clear that bump.

Definitely doable, but you'll need to do some serious mockup before you buy any expensive pieces.
    2019 Supra SL450

ShoeBox....when are you starting production on these bad boys?? Haha !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tydogg View Post
    ShoeBox....when are you starting production on these bad boys?? Haha !!
    Lol! There's a reason the commercial kits are so expensive.

I could probably make a simple kit with the Lenco LED switches (for relatively easy repeatability), but it would still be probably upward of $1500. I suppose if there was enough interest I could do it, but I'd have to find a shop that can cut and bend quantities of the tabs for a reasonable cost.
    2019 Supra SL450

Understand completely!! I'm going to take your measurements to a local shop here in town and see what they would charge to fab some up with heavy hinges also as I have been following this thread hardcore lol !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Lol! There's a reason the commercial kits are so expensive.

I could probably make a simple kit with the Lenco LED switches (for relatively easy repeatability), but it would still be probably upward of $1500. I suppose if there was enough interest I could do it, but I'd have to find a shop that can cut and bend quantities of the tabs for a reasonable cost.
    I believe anything under 2k you would have guys jump n at the bit brother !! I would be that's for dam sure

I believe anything under 2k you would have guys jump n at the bit brother !! I would be that's for dam sure
    Sold! $1999 and it's all yours!
    2019 Supra SL450

Understand completely!! I'm going to take your measurements to a local shop here in town and see what they would charge to fab some up with heavy hinges also as I have been following this thread hardcore lol !!
    Probably a couple hundred for the material, cutting, and bending.

I'd have them do the smaller tabs though. Those GSA-style are YUUUGE!

BTW, don't go by the measurements written on the tabs, the dimensions are actually a bit different than that.
    2019 Supra SL450

The absolute most important thing you can do to save yourself a LOT of headache and trouble is to have the shop who fabs these for you ensure that both the tabs and hinges have perfect 2-inch on center (or whatever screw spacing you choose) matching holes. If you make them yourself, find something (like an existing hinge) that has that spacing to use as a template.
    2019 Supra SL450

[QUOTE=Shoebox;332633]Sold! $1999 and it's all yours! Is that with shipping ? ����

Is that with shipping ?
    Um...to lower 48, sure.
    2019 Supra SL450